Best way to boost my 20min power

Hi everyone, I’m 1.86m for 82.5kg train with structured for 3years cycling for 6. I’ve decided to start my training for 2020 on november 2019. I’m presentely On a back to back SSMV2 plan. At start i test at 357W with a 20min test on my neo2, after the first SSMV2 i test at 369w. I expected to test a 375W after the second plan. My question is what’s The best possible way to continue upgrade my 20min power (it’s the metric that drive me the most)? Do a Third SSMV2 or go for build with a sustained power plan or a short power build plan. The objective for my season is mainly short TT with the National TT for a 40k. I want to heard from riders i’ve all ready Check the plan builder. Thanks

1 Like

I’d go for sustained power build.

Although it often does, base period isn’t where the FTP increases are designed to happen, that’s what build is for.

2 Likes

Vo2max will help you push out the FTP ceiling so dont forget to incorporate that. A nice 3 week block could do you wonders, even if just 6 sessions over that time period.

Brendan

1 Like

So i can switch one sweetspot or threshold training to put a second vo2 session… i’ll give it a try. Great to have advice from a successful rider :+1:t2:

I’d take the SS out and see how you do with that; if you have enough miles in the legs, you can handle vo2max and threshold in the same week. just keep rest of the work week endurance or less and weekend rides to endurance or 1 race. If you have 2 races on those weekends it can be a lot.

Good luck! Let me know how it goes!

2 Likes