I have an upcoming A-event, a 105 km singletrack mtb race. I expect to be out riding for apx 8 hours.
I will get an opportunity for a FTP detection the same day as the race, but I am wondering if it will be more correct to postpone it for a week, or maybe two? I am thinking that the race effort, and the r&r week following will impact so if doing the detection at race day I will have 4 weeks with off-numbers.
I have had quite good experiences with AI-ftp and the workouts I am being prescribed.
We don’t recommend updating your FTP in the Specialty Phase, so I would recommend to hold off until after. If you have a new plan starting after your A Event, then I would accept the AI FTP Detection at the start of it.
if we choose to not update to a new ftp during specialty (mine updates 9 days before my A event) can we update it at any point after specialty or do we have to wait another 28days? thank you
My a-race is on Sept 12th. I just had a 13 point FTP increase recommendation, but decided to manually override it and only bump it up 5 point for now and will reconsider post race or simply accept the new FTP in a month. I simply did not want my final weeks to be too intense.