AT, levels and outside ride

Dear all,

First, I apologize for my english, I am French.

Second, I have a question concerning the adaptation of level and outside ride.

Yesterday, I made an outside ride, saved (gps and hearth rate data) using my garmin watch. Once my ride was finished, it was successfully uploaded on my softwares, and on TR. Thus, using my hearth rate data, TR estimates a TSS for my ride. In order to make my ride counts towards the AT and the carreer levels, I associated to my ride a workout, marked as ouside (a threshold workout), with a similar TSS. Thus, it increases my threshold level from 4.0 to 5.1 (+1.1). I think it is a really (too) huge increase, and then TR poposed some adaptation to my training plan, which I think is a really too hard adaptation. So, of course, I refused it. Then, I unmatched the outside workout of my ride, hoping that it will bring mack my threshold level from 5.1 to 4.0. But it does not.

What should I do from now the “reset” my threshold progression level to 4.0 ? Is it impossible ?

Thanks for your help,

Je ne pense pas qu’il soit possible de « reculer » la progression. Il suffit de refuser les adaptations, et le niveau va diminuer progressivement, toutes choses Ă©tant Ă©gales par ailleurs.

Have you filled in your survey? By default outdoor rides default to 100% success which updates the PL’s appropriately. Marking it as Very Hard or All out or even ‘I did not pass’ will give more realistic results I think and in the case of the latter might downgrade them.

1 Like

just filled the survey as really hard. Then, TR adjusted my plan in an “OK way” → not too hard.
thanks !

1 Like

Reach out to the team at support@trainerroad.com.

For the record though, a 1.1 level increase is significant but not irregular, especially depending upon where you are in your training plan and periodization. I wouldn’t worry unless you’re unable to complete workouts as a result of those increases and adaptations (in which case, AT would adjust for that and decrease your workload!).