Are there too many TR podcasts?

I really like the podcasts, I love the mixture of science, coaching, and the willingness of the guys to try things out themselves and share their experiences. Perfect to relax to after a day in work!

I’m still working through the back catalogue. I think it’s good that they revisit topics, because especially with science, things change and the guys are learning themselves. I’d be cautious just to go with an old opinion forever as to not repeat topics.

My only issue is with some of the more medical questions, there were a couple were it was clear that that wasn’t anyones strong point, and I wish they’d maybe collect a couple and then have a special edition with a doctor or medical expert as a guest to answer those.

2 Likes

IMO, the TR podcasts are the best cycling podcasts out there. The 2hr long podcasts each week are great and they should keep doing them. The podcasts are why this community on the forum exists. And a driver of customer loyalty to TR.

Keep them going :+1:t3::+1:t3:

3 Likes

I missed that one. Will have to go find it

If the casts are too long, remember that it was US, the listeners, that requested they put the live questions they answered into the podcast.

Like @mcneese.chad said, there is always something to pick up. Just 1 tidbit that I may have known and forgotten.

Frankly, this former Biology/chemistry teacher loves the deep dives.

2 Likes

I like the long podcasts but I listen to most at 2-3x speed so otherwise they are too short :rofl:

I sympathise a little with the OP. At the moment I cycle to work so can’t listen on my commute, and don’t have much other time in the day for a 1-2 hour podcast.

Also, right now, I’m trying to keep up with a daily TdF pod.

But do I think they should reduce it? Probably not. When winter comes and I start doing 2 hour indoor TR endurance sessions I’ll be grateful for the back catalogue.

1 Like

True, once the TdF podcast is gone, it will probably feel a little bit better.

The pre-stage shows are actually really great from Johan, which has added a bunch of extra episodes to keep up with.

Regarding Indexing: I think TR’s first entree with topic links to specific locations in the episode was a welcome and big step forward. However, EverNote set a new standard several years ago in file/data search with the use of tags and Boolean formulas in their searches [imagine being able to search for “pre-race” + “nutrition” and not having to get bogged down in dozens of overall pre-race planning advice and/or general cycling nutrition topics].

I do not know what state of the art is in terms of video searches so it will be very interesting to see what TR introduces regarding indexing/searching. However, regardless of whether you watch every third episode of TR podcasts, or every podcast 3x as @mcneese.chad has done, advancements in TR’s podcast search will be welcome.

2 Likes

We’d like to index and curate our content across blog/podcast/youtube. We have one new junior marketer who is helping with this and we plan on getting another person.

I’d love to be able to ask for a topic like “nutrition” and see all the topics we’ve ever covered about nutrition. Complete with reference links, blog articles, podcast timestamps and youtube videos.

This just takes a bunch of work as you can probably imagine.

7 Likes

25 years in tech; 10 as a CEO, 15 in exec marketing . . . I get it :slight_smile:

1 Like

For me, one podcast a week is ok, could go to fortnightly, but my only criticism is that I feel often almost every podcast is that a lot of the topics don’t go deep enough into discussion. It happens a lot where the guys will cut the discussion short because they don’t have enough time or they haven’t fully researched the topic enough. I’d prefer to have less topics per episode, but delve deeper into them more thoroughly. But otherwise I love everything :+1:t2:

These are better than the Lance-Hincapie show. It’s hard to stay on top of both each day, and I find myself prioritizing the one with Johan.

1 Like

A way to search for a topic covered in a podcast would be awesome, and a totally legit, non-creepy way to use voice recognition. I wish such a thing was available! Someone is probably already working on it.

I love the TR podcast, and listen to it even with repeats. These 3 guys are like old friends now, lol, even though I’ve never met them.

There are definitely NOT ENOUGH podcasts.

Thank you guys for making my commute more tolerable!

More podcast please!
If you run out of content just talk about the weather or something if you need to.

It’s funny in the thread about the price increase where the product is becoming more expensive but yet the podcast is extremely valuable but it’s completely free.

As with everything in life, some podcast episodes are subjectively more interesting than others. However, every time I listen to the AACCP I catch myself admiring the quality of production, and the winning culture of the team behind it. Kudos.

1 Like

Just wait until tomorrow. Jonathan is at nationals so I’m leading the show.

The quality is gonna dip!! :wink:

3 Likes

Hearing Coach Chads soothing voice each week is important to my well-being. I still would like a weekly form of podcast. I listen to it at work and in the car on the way home from work. I’ve just started watching race analysis but do prefer the pod-casts. Tackling a few user subjects each week is a great way to solve frequent questions that arise

2 Likes

Anyone else play ‘podcast bingo’? I can’t remember the last time I listened to a TR podcast when the name Keegan Swenson wasn’t mentioned :joy: Geoff Kabush, Sofia Gomez-Villafañe and Chloe Woodruff are other favourites.

1 Like

Don’t even think about trying to count the number of times Jonathan say uh huh when Chad’s explaining something technical… Usually with an air of surprise. :wink:

Mike

1 Like