Are there too many TR podcasts?

I believe they do this on their YouTube videos, in the description. Each topic is timestamped I know it’s not a podcast but might help you out?

2 Likes

What if they would reach out to subject matter experts regarding certain topics, record that (i.e. over the phone), and play that in the podcast and then discuss the answer of the subject matter expert.

I guess for the live podcast on YouTube an infographic might be shown whilst the question is being answered by the subject matter expert.

Or reach out to a subject matter expert and construct a series of 6x15 minutes or so and post those on youtube/forum where each episode you go deeper in the subject and the last one is a summary/conclusion.

By not having it live, you can add in graphics and chop up the information in bite-size chunks that might help people understand certain topics better. Especially people who aren’t native English speakers or benefit more from a visual explanation than just from speech.

This way you have fever problems with traveling and scheduling for the guests.

I personally think it should count as USAC CEUs. I learn a lot from all of the discussions, and even some of the ones that seem repetitive help reinforce some of my coaching knowledge. I also lke to think through the questions myself, formulate what I think the answer would be (without all the background research) and see where my knowledge gaps or where Chad and I differ (he’s way more experienced and knowledgable than I am).

1 Like

No. There are not too many TR podcasts.

Although, if we could occasionally bring back Half Dead Nate that would be fun. Maybe just do it with makeup, though.

I’m not through the entire podcast library yet. I started listening weekly in mid-2018, and I’m all the way through mid-2017 right now, so about 50 more episodes to get through.

I started my way through the library late in 2018. If you want to hear just how far the product has come, take a listen to the first two or three episodes and then listen to the product they’re putting out now. It’s a pretty amazing transition.

1 Like

Yes, they add time stamps (as hyperlinks to the appropriate section) in the YouTube video comment section, text body within the forum post for each podcast, as well as audio options like Soundcloud.

It takes a day or two for them to get added, but look back at any cast from a week or more, and the jumps are there.

This weeks is already done.

1 Like

I have enjoyed every podcast! Please don’t change them or not do them. I know they have to be a lot of work . I save them for My Monday 4 hour treatment. It really helps pass the time. Thanks for the effort you guys put forth to entertain with our week soap opera;)

2 Likes

What’s half dead Nate?

Not enough podcasts in my opinion.

1 Like

If you use iOS, give Overcast a try for podcasts. There’s a feature where you can share a podcast with a timestamp, and I send that link to Notes (but you could put it anywhere), and then I can look back at it. Sometimes, when I’m feeling REALLY smart, I even put a few words of text in to help remind me what that particular link was about :joy:

3 Likes

Thank you for the recommendation!

1 Like

I tried to find the video over lunch…there used to be a help video of you/jon/(chad?)…not the usual podcast but sitting on a couch…I was poking around the site during some forced down time watching that video…one of the fam observed you looked half dead…I said that’s the CEO…she leaned on my shoulder and said I should sign up because you looked like you could use thehelp. Several weeks later I was doing some hard workout while we were watching Trollhunters & she said, ‘I bet these are what makes Nate half dead.’ Couple months later I had the podcast on while I was fixing dinner & she said Nate doesn’t look half dead anymore…we are doing good!

So. Half Dead Nate. Sorry you had to find out like this.

1 Like

They do need to rehash stuff. It’s a bit unfair for new users to be expected to go back over 100’s of podcasts to find what they’re looking for.

I think a nice way to do it would be to have one podcast a month that was aimed at more basic type questions that come up a lot from year 1 and 2 cyclists. Fundamentals you could call it. Dunno, but yeah at some point it does get hard to find what you want and there’s a ton of excellent discussion. There’s no clever software that I know of that searches topics discussed within podcasts. Podcasting as a platform itself is underdeveloped. Would be amazing if they were bookmarked in some way so people could ‘google’ podcasts and find what they’re looking for within them. Not just TR but all podcasts.

Been listening for a long time now, it’s good to hear updates on previous podcasts, plus the laughs are great, keep it going :+1:t2::+1:t2:

1 Like

It’s free so who cares. I want more each week because they are the best thing to listen to while I do my workouts. Puts me in the training and racing mindset.

2 Likes

No way man! I dig 'em all!

1 Like

I only have a TR account because of the podcast - I’ve probably used TR twice all summer since I’m outside on my mountain bike, but I keep paying because I want to support these guys. I look forward to listening to these every week. Even if there are topics I’m not interested, there’s something I find useful every episode!

Keep it up!

3 Likes

Keep them going please.

1 Like

it’s good stuff - they have become like friends and we are BS’ing with them around questions, races, diet . . . just like we do with our local friends. How many times do we cover the same junk in friend talks, family discussions, same conversations at work, etc. Repetition is fine and there are probably enough nuances that are different to make it just as interesting again. Keep it up - your guys are a part of my week !

1 Like

The podcast is a marketing tool. For TrainerRoad. It’s where they choose to spend their resources to build the brand and product.

2 Likes