API to Sync with Todays Plan

Hi there…

I am a coach and have set up a Virtual Workout Website and am doing group workouts with folks during the pandemic. I love it but I really want to be able to push the post workout info to Today’s Plan.

Still wondering about you being able to push trainer road workouts to Today’s Plan. They have all the API’s publicly available if you go here to check it out. https://api.todaysplan.com.au/

I love the group workout feature but hate the fact I have to manually sync my workout data post ride to Today’s Plan. Is this something you are working on? Please I hope so.

If not do you give access to your API that I could work with to make it work? I am working with a developer to automate many things and this is something he could do if it was available.

I have moved away from Training Peaks as they are too proprietary…

4 Likes

I’m also a today’s plan user and I asked the TR team if they would be willing to make the automatic upload happen. It doesn’t seem to to be a priority for TR though. This is very unfortunate as the manual file upload works great and one would think it should be fairly easy to make it happen automatically. I also contacted today’s plan and they would be willing to pick it up right away but don’t get any feedback/support from TR…
It would also be nice if TR would sync its calendar to today’s plan…but for now it would be a great step in the right direction if they would at least sync the completed workouts.

2 Likes

yes agree it is not that hard since Todays Plan has all the API’s readily available…

And all the other apps like Zwift and Sufferfest, FulGaz sync post workouts to Today’s PLan…

1 Like

@Nate_Pearson? Any update on this?

Hi everyone,

We certainly have Today’s Plan on our list of potential integration partners moving forward. Our web engineers are currently working on some higher priority items, but once we return to a more regular workflow this is something our Product Management team is aware of as an item to get added to the list of things we’d like to do. As you can imagine, that list is not small :smile:.

3 Likes

Do you have an API that we can specifically use to pull unique rsvp link or code to each group workout that is created?

Thanks

@annetest we don’t have this currently, no. Is there a specific use case you are hoping to accomplish with this? We automatically generate a unique code with each workout created, and give you the ability to send out an invite link to add that workout to their calendar as well. I’m guessing you want to allow people who come to your site to just see the invite code for each particular day so they can bypass adding the workout?

I am doing group workouts virtual training classes instead of teaching at an indoor studio. So I want to be able to make a schedule on a scheduling app Acuity and somehow automatically put the code in there when people register for the workout. Your group workouts are such a game changer for feeling connected to people during the pandemic (unlike Zwift which is not a real workout with real people)…

I’m also a subscriber to Today’s Plan and use that as an aggregate for my Cycling, Running, Strength, etc training data. I use that in place of Training Peaks. It would be really helpful if TR could export to Today’s Plan.

Sean

1 Like

I also would like to have TrainerRoad sync workouts to TodaysPlan. I hope that this can move up your priority list.

3 Likes

Add me to the list of adding integration with Todays Plan, my coach is switching over from TP and now uses Todays Plan.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Please add me to the list as well as I use today’s plan

I see where you now have an API to integrate TrainerRoad calendar to google calendar which is great btw but is it possible to get access to your API’s so we can get TrainerRoad workouts to sync with Todays Plan? Please ?

I know you are doing all this work with Adaptive Training but I was told last February that you were working on the sync with Todays Plan and it is now November almost a year later. I am curious as to what is the reason you are not working on this sync. Even just if you had completed workouts sync with Todays Plan would be great.

Todays Plan has now some really cool features and contracts with some large triathlon and cycling governing bodies that could increase your exposure ( Australia Cycling Federation) just to name one.

Happy to try to speak better to how features like this get on the roadmap, it’s not that the team doesn’t these features aren’t important or useful, we just have to prioritize updates that are the most effective at helping the greatest number of athletes possible get faster in the immediate future (such as incorporating unstructured rides into Adaptive Training, and refining Adaptive Training as a whole).

The aforementioned advice still applies that we certainly have Today’s Plan on our list of potential integration partners moving forward, so there’s no timeline at the moment. Sorry for the inconvenience.

thanks for your reply. Is there anyway I can get access to any of the API’s with Trainerroad? I am working on setting up things with Todays Plans and they have API’s available and programmers to help get it set up so I can get updated workouts to folks without having them download them directly?

Unfortunately not, Im so sorry. Thanks for your patience.