Alestorm - Rage of the Pentahook
Mastodon - I am Ahab
Rammstein - Wollt ihr das bett in flammen sehen
Satyricon - K.I.N.G.
Strapping Young Lad - Detox

6 Likes

Nice!

Love Lamb of God to work out to.

As I said, was in a band so many moons ago it is somewhat depressing. Anyway, give it a listen and let me know - we recorded with the guys who worked with Machine Head :smiley:

Slipknots album ‘We are not your kind’ is my go to at the moment. Also anything from The Prodigy or Megadeth.

5 Likes

Not a metal head…but metallica makes a steady appearance on my playlist. Mostly and justice for all album.

5 Likes

Nice call! Yet another forgotten band resurrected into my playlist! :+1:

What’s the definition for ‘metal’ these days, anyway? :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Any other black metal fans out there? Sometimes I think I’m the only cyclist that listens strictly to black and death metal. Here are some of the currents favs. on the training playlist: Wolfheart, The Black Dahlia Murder, 1914, Morbus Chron, Orbit Culture, Shadow of Intent, Ulcerate, Dissection, Wormwood…
I know, I have weird tastes in music

8 Likes

Haven’t seen any mention of Meshuggah yet, those driving riffs really help

4 Likes

Kerrang-able?

1 Like

Not a metal head anymore, but Cowboys From Hell - on repeat - for FTP testing is all you need.

8 Likes

Sepultura - Roots is my go to album for FTP tests

5 Likes

I grew up to speed / thrash metal in the 80s; Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Metal Church, Lizzy Borden etc. One of the best speed metal albums ever that is less known is Exodus - Bonded by Blood, I would put that album in my top 5 of all time. If you’ve never listened to it, give it a try it is one of a kind.

These days:
Dillinger Escape Plan
Mercenary - Metamorphosis (really good album)
Mastodon - just about all of them

3 Likes

If you want turbo music by Metallica - nothing beats “Kill em all” - not their best album - that would be “Master of Puppets” but best for riding hard! :metal:

6 Likes

As a counterpoint, after youve slaughtered yourself I like to hear this on the warm down.

:grin:

1 Like

Whitechapel
Make Them Suffer
Gojira
In Flames
Born of Osiris
Demon Hunter
I Declare War

Those fuel a lot of my workouts.

5 Likes

Big fan of parkway drive while working out. If you’ve not listened to them you’ll be loving them after the first riffs! Listening to bury tomorrow (UK based) got a new album out would recommend them too. Other than that killswitch engage, slipknot, trivium, A7X and Metallica all make regular appearances!

2 Likes

Although I know only Dissection I listen exclusively to black metal. Lately it is Judas Iscariot, Spectral Lore, Midnight Odyssey, The Ruins of Beverast. I go back to the first black metal bands often too.

1 Like

Awesome man! I’m a big fan of Atmospheric Black Metal. Check out Mare Cognitum and Mesarthim if you like Cosmic themed black metal

2 Likes

You mean Spectral Lore/Mare Cognitum I mentioned above? Yes, I like it! :+1: Will try Mesarthim too.

1 Like

Mare Cognitum has a rather large discography that I really enjoy!

1 Like

Another tip: stick on Creeping Death. The opening sets the scene, and then as soon as the main guitar riff starts and they bring in the drums, you’ll suddenly find your cadence locking in perfectly with the beat at 95-100 rpm. It feels great.

9 Likes