Curious if you are experiencing this with the computer or mobile app?
I’ve experienced lots of signal dropout issues with the Android app. It started this past summer in June on a regular basis and after trying lots of different things to try to resolve it have come to the conclusion something is fundamentally wrong with the Android app and the USB device powering an ant+ stick just takes a dump which in turn drops the connection on all my devices (regardlessof if it’s ant+ or Bluetooth). I have to unplug and replug the dobgle to get them to connect again. I’ve had up to 6 dropouts in one 60 minute session before. Others just 1 or 2 dropouts.
Reason for my conclusion is I have dropouts in Ant+ of all devices simultaneously using an Garmin Ant+ dongle and a USB C to A OTG dongle. Even trying out an Bluetooth HRM instead with 2 Ant+ devices still had all 3 simultaneously dropout (HR wouldn’t reconnect in Bluetooth mode in the app but would let me connectin Ant+ mode since its a dual broadcast device). Since my powermeter that I use for powermatch is Ant+ only it’s not like I can just go Bluetooth only. Another thing to note is when I first got my trainer for some reason erg mode wouldn’t work with Bluetooth connection the trainer and ant+ for powermatch. Both both devices connected ant+ erg worked so I never bothered.
My only solution to prevent dropouts is to ditch the Ant+ stick with the USB adapter dongle and use a device with built in Ant+ hardware (tested out 2 different phones with this and no dropouts on with multiple sessions each). Super annoying I had to resort to this because one of my phones with ant+ native is my work phone which I try to avoid for personal use at home and the other is a backup phone for the kid…which isn’t always available when I want get in a TR session.
Before people start asking what I tried to do before coming to my above conclusion I’ve done the following (includes things that TR support suggested):
- changed batteries on all my devices (HR, PM)
- double checked my firmware on my trainer and PM (Power2Max Type S) . Both are up to date but my Power2Max doesn’t allow user updates of the firmware.
- reduced wireless signals interference (used to use a set of Bluetooth headphones and switched it for wired)
- changed channels on wifi using a wifi signal analyzer to see what was optimal, got rid of some 2.4ghz networks (still had to keep 1 for older devices but got rid of the guest network) and swapped to 5ghz where possible,
- was using a chromecast for my pain cave TV and tried with that on and off
- switch to a wired Roku instead to see if that would help reduce 1 wifi signal using a chromecast
- typically use an USB cable extension with my ant+ stick so tried without it to see if that was failing
- tried new USB C to A dongle (2 pack so tried both)
- tried new ant+ stick since I thought that could be failing (have an old Garmin 2.0 stick and got a new Garmin stubby one)
- tried multiple phones with ant+ stick (3 different phones with one on Android 8 and 2 on Android 10). All 3 had simultaneous dropouts off all connected devices
- tried uinstalling and reinstalling app (and same with ant+ apps/plugins)
- tried to change power settings on phone to high (worked once and then never again just to mess with me)
- used to run it split screen with an another video streaming app and casted on the chromecast. Stopped doing that and ran it by itself on dedicated device (used roku above or just watch OTA TV when a football game was on)
- tried different HRMs, 1 ant+ only chest strap and Garmin 245 watch onboard HR in broadcast mode (at first ant+ only but recently a firmware update allowed it to transmit on both Bluetooth and Ant+ mode…tried both modes).
- tried to make sure to close all background apps
- restarted phone after closing all background apps to see if it would help not have any extra things in the background taking away from TR app and the phone powering the USB device
Edit - two more things I forgot to lost I tried added ((last two bullets)