AI for FTP not showing up after completing 6 week training block [Resolved ✅]

Glad to see you got that new AI FTP Detection yesterday. let us know if you have any further questions.
And congrats on the FTP increase! :wink:

I had the same thing happen this past weekend. It eventually showed up Monday for a Tuesday ramp test. I had emailed support Sunday but they didn’t get to it until this morning after it had started working again. I assume some weird bug that they haven’t found yet

You should see AI FTP Detection options within 48hours of your Ramp Test being your next workout, but we are seeing that bug where that isn’t the case across all platforms. As a workaround until this is fixed on mobile, athletes can schedule a Ramp Test for today.

Regardless, you WILL see AI FTP Detection appear across all-platforms day-of at the latest. Until we get that issue resolve, if you dont see it as an option the day prior on every platform: don’t stress. You can still be confident that you will be able to use AI FTP Detection on the day of your Ramp Test. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Following up on this thread: this is resolved! Let us know if you’re still seeing issues and we’ll dig into it.

Hi @IvyAudrain would you possibly please be able to look at my account and see if it’s this bug, or the two week thing, affecting my ability to see/use AI-FTPD?

1 Like

No problem!

AI FTP Detection was disable for you in the early access section of your account, so I enabled it and you should be able to see your AI FTP detection as an option when you open the ramp test in your app. Let me know if you see it there! :+1:

Still don’t see it :pensive:.

I suspect there is something else going on as the data from TR to Garmin seems incomplete, or at least Garmin aren’t doing anything with it, and I can’t re-sync my rides from yesterday.

I don’t know if it’s all just a coincidence of course. I’m a bit stuck for how to resolve it though.

Dont worry, I’ll look into it and we’ll sort you out before your FTP Test (R.I.P. lol) tomorrow. Hold please!

1 Like

UPDATE! You’re all set, this is just a case of not being able to see the option to ‘use AI FTP Detection’ until the day of your FTP assessment.
You can wait til tomorrow and you’ll see that option, or move the Ramp Test to today to see your result. Let me know if you have any further issues!

What Time Zone is AT running on?

Still nothing my end. I’ll give it another try later.

We released a fix where your timezone on your profile will prevent you from having that same day/next day issue, so if in the UK, and you have your Ramp Test tomorrow, you wont see the option until opening the app tomorrow.

I’m in New Zealand and it’s 10am on the same day as the rescheduled Ramp Test.

I guess it’s account specific. I have a support ticket open but not much movement so far unfortunately.

Thanks for your help! Sorry for wasting your time. Not sure what the next step is. Maybe an app update tonight?

Edit: I set the date of the test back to yesterday, and even though it was greyed out I was able to use AI-FTPD. Weird and not ideal but glad to have been able to use it. Still have the syncing issue but guessing it’s not entirely related l :man_shrugging:.

OPE apologies, I must have had multiple athlete accounts open and thought I saw UK, my bad.

NO!!! Never wasting my time, thats what Im here for!

Happy to help and glad to hear you were able to use AI FTP Detection, sorry it took some work to get there.

Also: congrats on your FTP increase. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hello Ivy and Trainer Road Team,

I am also having issues with my AI FTP Detection not showing up. I’m in EST time zone and here in the states. Supposed to have my ramp test tomorrow (Tues 06/21/22) when I get up at 04:30 am.

Currently about 9 hours out from “ramp test” time and still not showing the option for AI FTP Detection. Thought maybe I need a phone update or app update, but both of those are both up to date.

Hey! Happy to look into this.

This is a ‘day of’ occurrence rather than an ‘x’ hours before. You will see the option to select the ‘AI FTP Detection’ key in the morning!
To test in the app, you can delete tomorrow’s Ramp Test and schedule it for today to ensure you see that as an option. I tried that on my calendar to test it and confirm:

:point_up: not an option for tomorrow,

:point_up: deleted Tuesday’s ramp test, scheduled for today, AI FTP visible.

If you do not see it as an option tomorrow, (or today if you delete and schedule for today to test), let myself or the team at support@trainerroad.com know!

Thanks for jumping on this so fast Ivy. Working as it should now. Back to the grind tomorrow AM with a minor increase (3%) in FTP :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@IvyAudrain - has there been any internal discussion around allowing people to do the AI detection the day before? Personally, I would love this, and it sounds like it would solve so many questions we see on the forum. It stresses me out having no idea what my workout will be tomorrow. If I could do the AI the day BEFORE the ramp is scheduled, then it would give me the new FTP and tell me what tomorrow’s new workout is early enough to get my head in the game for the following day.

This is all relative. I would 100% do a happy dance if I could get a 3% bump! Congrats on the gains!

1 Like

I have good news for you then! We are working internally on more in-app education and notifications about AI FTP Detection, and future iterations of Auto AI FTP Detection will remove FTP testing protocol from your calendar all together. That way, you have lots of time to look ahead and mentally prep for your workout!

1 Like