Adaptive Training Closed Beta Update

Hi Brandon,
I’m not sure I’ve seen a note in this thread or the other announcement one, but as users are added will there be a desired communication method provided for reporting any bugs, confusion, comments, etc… ?

I assume you’d like active feedback at some level but also don’t want to drown in extra communication :slight_smile:

Or maybe you plan to include some FAQs or rough manual to try to limit excessive communications?

Thanks!

Also a 2011. I was later than August, I think? I’m sure it’s logged somewhere?

Got my golden ticket last night! Where do you want me to put feedback / first impressions?

13 Likes

I am so jealous. Enjoy!

I’m not sure where best to find it, I just remember it roughly based on some racing I did that year.

As I look back through Garmin Connect history I guess my first TR recording was July 15th, 2011. Back before I had a PM and TR didn’t even have VirtualPower.

1 Like

I also got an invitation. It says to submit bugs to support@trainerroad.com during the onboarding process (it is very easy to miss that!).

5 Likes

@tnordberg @BCrossen @NickL feel free to submit any bugs to support@trainerroad.com. If there is anything you want to share about the experience feel free to also post in the Introducing Adaptive Training thread. Once we have more forum users with Adaptive Training enabled we’ll probably add a separate thread about the experience. We figured if we did that now it would just be a few people discussing the experience and a lot of people asking when they can be added.

6 Likes

Thanks, Brandon. I’ll be doing a ramp test this evening and plan to play around with it after that, so I’ll share any feedback via email. First blush: it feels clean, polished and there are no major bugs for me to report.

6 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: :tada: :tada: :tada: Introducing Adaptive Training! :tada: :tada: :tada:

I might have missed it, but have you posted any general updates on the closed beta in the past week or so? Thanks.

2 Likes

There is some specific info at the end of the last podcast, from 1:38:36

Some small features will go live (out of beta) this week.

3/11 Podcast Update
We added another 50 athletes to the beta, bringing our total to 130. It looks like the latest batch included a handful of forum users, so it has been awesome to see some initial thoughts and experiences shared.

As @Papuass mentioned we are planning to release Workout Levels and a few other things to everyone early this week.

21 Likes

Hand picked or randomly selected?

Clearly they are going in reverse order of rugged good-looks, which explains why I’m not in yet.

20 Likes

I’m actually curious how people are selected. I was put in last week, but I only just signed up for TR 3 weeks ago. I have used TR on and off over the years, and I do have a tonne of strava data to import, so maybe that’s why?

I would agree that a dedicated thread is needed for Beta users. I have quite a few based on my experiences so far.

I discussed this with TR weeks ago. TR plans to do that, but wants to wait for some amount of testers before making that dedicated thread.

For now, use the main “Announcement” thread for general discussion, and report bugs to support@trainerroad.com

2 Likes

My assumption is they are adding people with varying levels of experience using their platform (in addition to random selections), so I’d guess there is some level of hand selection in use to get a variety of users. Without the perspective of new users like you, they’d be missing a crucial perspective for onboarding and finding areas of confusion.

2 Likes

@Bones Just out of curiosity, was the reason for you signing up the announcement of AT?

2 Likes

Yes, partly. I was going to just sign up for a monthly membership anyway, but decided to pony-up for the annual membership for the first time because of the AT. Curiosity got the better of me and I enjoy being an “early adopter” as a general rule.

4 Likes

I have been a TR user since 2013 and a yearly sub now for 3+ years if I remember correctly and no invite as of yet.

If I had to guess why not is because lately I have not followed a TR plan for 6+ months now. Some of that mainly is I was doing a lot of free riding from June 2020 on and having fun outside. I also got covid and changed jobs which did not help.

Overall though I am good and finding more time to ride and looking forward to AT and starting an actual plan again.

3 Likes