Adaptive Training Closed Beta Update

iu

12 Likes

Just downloaded the beta app on android, can see the trainnow feature, but does anyone know when the progression levels are being released? Or is this an AT thing?

I don’t think they do consider whether one follows the plans otherwise some of us would have been invited. The selection criteria is top secret and patented.

1 Like

If you’re already following a plan and not failing workouts then I don’t see you’d be considered an ideal candidate for AT - that’s my view anyway. I’ve no idea how long the queue is but only 130 added so far doesn’t sound like many - I think there were close to 2000 watchers of the YouTube podcast livestream announcing AT. If only a quarter of them signed up at that time, plus all the others who listened later, via alternative methods or signed up to TR as a new user just to get access to AT then there must be a big list of us still waiting. Those accepted will be the ones that are expected to provided the best level of feedback and make the best use of AT.
Interestingly I’ve been a long time user of the iOS beta version have been using it solely for workouts for the past three months but have never provided feedback - simply because despite following 5 workouts a week I’ve NEVER had a problem with the beta app. These are all reasons I’m telling myself TR are ignoring me :joy:

2 Likes

Folks, they’re selecting people at random. Whether you’re added in a new wave of invites has nothing to do with how long you’ve been a loyal customer, what kind of training you’ve been doing, how much money you’ve paid TR over the years, or when you signed up for the beta. Your name is in a hat, and when it gets drawn you get AT. They don’t need you in the beta to consume your data in the ML model.

(They have hand-picked a small number of participants, including people who contributed to the closed alpha last year, and people who already had a relationship with TR [e.g. NorCal Couch2Crit]. If you were not among that small group, it’s not because you’re doing the wrong kind of training or because you haven’t been a subscriber for long enough or because you were critical of TR on social media. You’re in the regular beta pool, and you’ll get it when you get it.)

22 Likes

But I’m childish, impatient and just want AT :sob:

23 Likes

Big boy pants N8.

6 Likes

Nate mentioned last week that they are hoping to push workout levels to everyone this week, but progression levels won’t be part of that yet. Based on some posts in the AT beta thread yesterday, there have been a few new bugs discovered that need to be addressed before progression levels can be pushed to the masses.

3 Likes

Not to mention the new plans that were pushed out during the azure cloud issue. So guessing they will be fixing that first.

But I want it really really really reeeeeeeally bad, and I’ve been a good TR user this year.

9 Likes

I’ll cross my fingers for you!

That’s what skynet wants you to think :zipper_mouth_face:

6 Likes

Pretty sure you want to reap the benefit of a less buggy system than the early adopters

4 Likes

Good point. Let’s let those suckers deal with all the bugs and issues, so when we finally get it it’s smooth as.

But the…what will we have to complain about then?!

9 Likes

Hahah too funny. As I said it is all good with me. My neo bike comes this week and then will be on a work trip so whenever is all good for me.

This thread reminds me of when I was young and I would wanted something and would bug my Mum

Mum’s reply - “the more you ask the less likely you are to get what you want.” :slight_smile:

1 Like

is that a challenge, sir?

Please god, no. There’s more than enough of that going ‘round.

1 Like

— Feature Request —

It would be very cool if in the future you could specify what mixture of progression levels you want to aim for over the course of a season and ML/AT could create/adapt the perfect plan for you rather than the cookie-cutter “Road Race”/“Crit”/“Cross Country Olympic”

I’d love to be able to look at the very specifics of my goal event, work out exactly what the best combination of abilities I need are and then tell TR what mixture of skills I’d like to aim towards and then it adjust and adapt my plan to get me there.

I.e. be able to individually adjust my goal for each progression at the start of the year (or even adapt this as it’s going along) and have my plan self-adjust.
example: The person who could outsprint you for the win has dropped out with 6 weeks to go? Tell ML/AT that you no longer need to progress the sprint so much and can focus some more on Threshold and it will adapt the remaining 6 weeks perfectly.

8 Likes

I have seen TR staff here mentioning that they are adding a mix of people to the AT beta and seniority as a TR user is (apparently) one of the factors. My two cents is that it would make sense for TR to add new TR users to AT beta too and allow for additional valuable feedback. Although as valuable as older users’, new users’ feedback may show things from a completely different angle.

2 Likes