“I’m too old to improve” was Lydia’s Gould’s thought before signing up for TrainerRoad in March 2020. Since then she has raised her FTP by 30 watts, turned VO2 work from a weakness to a strength, won races, and found motivation to get faster and reach bigger goals.
Tune in to Episode 25 Monday, November 9 at 8:00am Pacific for insight into how she has had success at short and intense races like CX and ultra-endurance events, how she has successfully managed a lifelong battle with an eating disorder and how she approaches her training.
Lydia's Episode Premiere:
Topics Covered in This Episode
- Lydia’s athletic background as a runner
- How Lydia’s childhood struggles made her a strong endurance athlete
- What made Lydia switch from running to cycling
- How Lydia became a better cyclist
- How Lydia recognized and managed her eating disorder
- What improvements Lydia saw when she started using TrainerRoad
- How Lydia rode a 200 mile ultra-endurance event