Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast Training
Team Camp Special: Team Clif Bar Cycling – Ask a Cycling Coach 146
In this special episode we discussed how to use team camps to make you faster and team tactics for criteriums with Team Clif Bar Cycling.
Topics covered in this episode
- The difference between team camp and training camp
- The importance of team bonding for cyclists
- How fit are pro cyclists?
- Why power to weight doesn’t always decide a race
- What skills you need as a sprinter
- How to learn your role in a race team
- What are the different types of sprinters?
- How to use a training camp to get faster
- Why a sprinter needs teammates to attack
- How to set up a sprinter for a sprint finish
- How to know when you should attack
- How to execute a leadout train
- What it’s like to be at the front of a pro race
- How to know when you should leave your leadout train
- How to move through a pack
- How to set yourself up for a good sprint finish
- How to use course recon to help win races
For more cycling training knowledge, listen to the Ask a Cycling Coach — the only podcast dedicated to making you a faster cyclist. New episodes are released weekly.