Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast Training
Strength Training, Heart Rate and Testing, Elevation & More – Ask a Cycling Coach 208
Team Clif Bar Racing’s Pete Morris joins us again as we go over Coach Chad’s strength training plan, how to gain weight and get faster, what your heart rate data means during a ramp test, and much more!
More show notes and discussion in the TrainerRoad Forum.
Topics covered in this episode
- How to increase your FTP with TrainerRoad
- Why you experience numbness when riding hard
- Barely holding on to a fast group, or leading a slower group: What’s best?
- How to use an olympic tri to prep for a Half-Ironman
- How to taper before a Half-Ironman
- Why course replica workouts aren’t good training
- How to make the most of course reconnaissance
- Tips to avoid a tight lower back
- How elevation affects pacing
- How to use “negative split” pacing
- How to pick the right gearing for a climb
- How to gain weight and get faster
- Coach Chad’s Strength Training Recommendations
- Should you reach max heart rate during a ramp test?
- How to make a hot and humid room cool and dry
- Training in the heat vs. cold
- Tech that measures recovery
For more cycling training knowledge, listen to the Ask a Cycling Coach — the only podcast dedicated to making you a faster cyclist. New episodes are released weekly.
Full Transcription of Podcast
Please note this is an automated transcription and is prone to error. If you have any questions, please reference the timestamps in the podcast or video for further clarification. If you have additional questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com
Transcription to be added after recording.