Mentality is often what separates winners from the rest in pro fields, and while amateurs may not be able to train like pros, they can think like one. Join pro riders Hannah Finchamp and Alex Wild as we discuss strategies of how to get into the mindset of a winner, how to do sprint training amidst endurance training, their favorite training metrics and more.
More show notes and discussion in the TrainerRoad Forum.
Topics covered in this episode
- 0:00 Welcome!
- 0:11 Intro
- TrainerRoad athletes winning National and World Championships
- 6:34 Hannah’s cyclocross tips
- 36:30 Mentality tips from the pros
- 57:52 Rapid Fire Questions
- 1:08:11 How to mix sprint training with endurance training
- 1:18:58 How to pace long events with lots of short climbs
- 1:29:37 The hosts’ favorite training and racing metrics
Resources mentioned in this episode
Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast
Successful Athletes Podcast
Science of Getting Faster Podcast
For more cycling training knowledge, listen to the Ask a Cycling Coach — the only podcast dedicated to making you a faster cyclist. New episodes are released weekly.
Share this Post