Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast Training
Endurance MTB Deep Dive With The Pros – Ask a Cycling Coach 161
Pro mountain bike racers Payson McElveen and Sofía Gomez Villafañe joined us live from the main stage at the Epic Rides Carson City Off-Road for a deep dive on endurance mountain bike training and racing.
Topics covered in this episode
- How do pros taper for endurance mtb races
- What do pro mountain bikers eat?
- How to choose between a hardtail and full suspension
- How the pros handle flat tires in a mountain bike race
- How to pace a long mountain bike race
- How to get by slower riders on singletrack
- Pro tips for sandy descents
- How the pros handle on the bike nutrition
- What type of training do pros do during the race season
- How to resist cravings and maintain race weight
- What the pros do to adjust for high elevation
- How pros make their tire choices
For more cycling training knowledge, listen to the Ask a Cycling Coach — the only podcast dedicated to making you a faster cyclist. New episodes are released weekly.