Rose Grant is a 4x national champion, multi-time Epic Rides champion, and a previous USA World Championships team member. She lives and trains in Whitefish, MT and manages to be a world-class contender while balancing the responsibilities of motherhood. Rose’s experience at the pointy-end of some off the biggest XC races in the world, and her experience of returning from a string of devastating injuries gives her an entirely unique perspective that we can all learn from. Enjoy!
More show notes and discussion in the TrainerRoad Forum.
Topics covered in this episode
- Rose’s favorite pre-race dinner
- Managing sleep as a professional athlete and a parent
- Race day morning routine
- What Rose eats for breakfast on race morning
- Ride or Drive to the race venue?
- Rose’s warmup routine
- How long should you warm up?
- Getting “in the zone”
- What Rose looks for when she pre-rides a course
- What music Rose listens to to get in the racing headspace
- Rose’s Sea Otter race recap
- Where is Rose’s favorite place to ride
- What Rose indulges in after a successful day on the bike
- Baking and Biking – how to balance training and indulgence
- How to deal with injury mentally and physically
- Balancing training, racing, and family
- What Rose wishes she did early on in her race career
For more cycling training knowledge, listen to the Ask a Cycling Coach — the only podcast dedicated to making you a faster cyclist. New episodes are released weekly.