Zwifting... is it me or

… does anyone else find that their RPE is way off on Zwift?
Pootling along on a Z2 filler feels way harder than it should for me.

1 Like

There are a lot of things to consider here before an answer can really be given such as what’s your training setup? If you’re allowing Zwift to control your trainer but try staying in Z2 then the course gradient comes into play and I agree this does effect the feel of the workout. If you’re just feeding power data into Zwift then your speed is affected by the inclines but you don’t get the same effect with resistance being adjusted on your trainer. You should also consider the Trainer Difficulty setting - Using the “Trainer Difficulty” Setting in Zwift | Zwift Insider if using this feature with a controllable trainer.

1 Like

Interesting, not used TACX movie’s put I’ve a friend who has - I think he finds Zwift harder as his trainer can’t replicate all the slope grades - he’s an older Tacx wheel on ‘smart’ trainer, I can’t remeber the model but I wonder if the Tacx software makes adjustments based on trainer model as it knows what slope grade it can handle. I don’t see that being the same situation with a NEO though.

Try removing the NEO as a controlable trainer and ride at same power. I suspect your RPE will drop because there is no change in resistance. Why Zwift and TACX movies differ I can’t explain unless it’s related to the trainer difficulty setting in Zwift. That option will vanish once you remove NEO as a controllable trainer.

1 Like

I think this nails it. I use Zwift with a dumb trainer + powermeter and Z1-3 efforts feel way harder than they do in TR because the scenery moves by so slowly. TR, by contrast, obviously has no scenery so my brain doesn’t try and compare it to riding outside.

2 Likes

Why do you insist on deleting all your posts? It such a pain when you spot an interesting post, start to read it and then find half a story there :exploding_head:

4 Likes

I am curious what he’s doing. I’ve clicked on more than a dozen posts lately only to see that the only update was him deleting a comment. He deleted a comment on another thread this morning, but didn’t delete all his comments on that thread, so I have no idea what he’s trying to accomplish. If he wants to delete his account, that might be a faster way to remove himself from this board and be less impactful to everyone’s feed.

6 Likes