Zwift "Premium", TR Merger or Add-In speculation

What the hell? Adaptive training?

10 Likes

adaptive, AI/ML, and ftp estimation is going mainstream?!

7 Likes

Wow…they’ll have an “adaptive” training calendar? With calendar that intelligently adjust to your training? They’ll have “TrainNow” I mean daily AI powered workout recommendations? And will you look at this; Automatic FTP detection and take your workouts outdoors.

This looks like some next level trolling. Not from Zwift but from someone…

9 Likes

I hope this is not trolling, otherwise there’s been some hijacking going on…

3 Likes

immediately where my mind went… same features with a price increase the day after a controversial potential price change for TR was brought up is way to suspect.

6 Likes

I’m watching the Zwift Rider FB group to see when this blows up there. Some funning timing and coincidences to be sure.

I will add, that Z has dropped some hints over the years on a couple of podcasts about stuff like FTP estimation and such. But like so much of their stuff, never showed up… until now?

ETA: I went ahead and dropped the RE link there to see what happens :wink:

4 Likes

Waiting for the explosion. I should be able to see it here in the pacific…

3 Likes

Even if it’s not trolling, Zwift has been able to release exactly…2 features in the last couple years. Pace partners and they’ve just started rolling out clubs. I’m thinking that stealing all the work TR has done will take a little more effort than programming a couple bots. Zwift Premium is something we can expect to release in 2031.

19 Likes

I’m guessing their just testing the waters, right? Like if enough people say they’d pay more they could justify the development costs.

Hahahaha, 2031, well going off their other updates, yes.

1 Like

Z has done prior emailed surveys discussion features, pricing and such, so this could be real. But the wording and relative timing (especially in light of yesterdays TR podcast) sure seem “odd” to me.

Much like the active topic on pricing here, anytime $ has come up in the Z world… it turned into a MASSIVE mess with countless topics and posts. So either this is right at the very beginning of those emails heading out, or someone is pulling on the collective legs of RE users.

3 Likes

Is there an ultra premium version that could give me an extra 2 w/kg?

:thinking:

11 Likes

You must not race on Zwift…

All you have to do is change your weight in your profile. As many W/kg as you want!

14 Likes

ZEPO (Zwift Electronic Performance Offset)

11 Likes

Well I got all that stuff (adaptive training, ftp estimates, etc) with Xert back in 2017, before I bought a Kickr and heard of TrainerRoad. IMHO this has been obvious next steps for any company that wants to offer training plans and analytics.

11 Likes

Eric Min posting on social that he’s in Reno this week too.

Unrelated to this I’m sure. Totally unrelated. 100%. :wink:

27 Likes

:open_mouth:

5 Likes

LOL I almost posted something like that earlier, and then bit my tongue.

7 Likes

I can hear the rumour mill winding up…

1 Like

Agreed - nothing groundbreaking or specifically copying TR there. For people that race on zwift they likely have better max effort data, so their FTP estimation is likely easier to do that trying to do it from someone following a TR plan with few max efforts of different durations.
Quite honestly, in the industry trailing position they were in regarding training plans, skipping hand crafting better ones and going directly for algorithmicly/AI genereated ones is a very reasonable way to go. I think for the mass market this is clearly where the industry will be in a few years, so no point in tons of manual work that will largely be discarded.

3 Likes