Zwift "Premium", TR Merger or Add-In speculation

Nate did say something about how he would consider licensing the functionality if the situation were right.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll be honest, Iā€™d be much more interested in TR supported AT functionality in Zwift than any of the other functionality discussed in the pipeline in the podcast.

11 Likes

Are you talking about the option to import and perform TR workouts directly within Z?

5 Likes

All of my future indoor workouts (only 5-10/year), will be done in RGT or Zwift or ā€¦ Going to say something to be dramatic - buying into erg and mono cadence kinda killed my fitness - well, sort of, and yes Iā€™m being a little dramatic.

If TR wants more data, no better place to look than a partnership with Zwift.

3 Likes

Well, if you license AT to Zwift, then Zwift would be able to give you the same functionality.

Right, I was asking more about what you specifically see as the use case, features/functions between both apps. I am unsure about what you mean in a fuller picture.

Pay for both apps?
Pay for one app, but extra to get part of another?

What integration / overlap is what I was trying to understand.

Iā€™m just saying that if Zwift has the same functionality, then you could do all your workouts in Zwift, and letā€™s face it, there are a LOT of users paying for both. Iā€™m not really interested in rhr after learning how dependent on completely accurate data Whoop was, and we all know people who sleep horribly and are told they are fresh/vice versa. Im super happy with AT and PLā€™s at the moment. Iā€™d like to be able to control workout length in Plan Builder, but thatā€™s easy enough with Alternates. Iā€™m not a runner. So, at the moment, the most valuable thing for me personally would be combining the two for my daily workouts.

I admit Iā€™m making a massive leap here, and Iā€™d be shocked if it happens, but Iā€™m kind of shocked at some recent statements too, so who knows what the future holds?

3 Likes

:thinking:

6 Likes

:exploding_head:

I am sitting on my handsā€¦ to not cross post this in the ā€œTR costā€ topic right now. It is already activeā€¦ and this might lead to mayhem :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

This is marketing genius. We both have something the other wants so letā€™s team up and save the customer money. Iā€™m in!

7 Likes

My leap just got a bit less massiveā€¦

2 Likes

Itā€™s a ā€œmarriageā€ that many have mentioned and requested for years, but we figured it was in the ā€œnever gonna happenā€ column based on so many comments over the years. Butā€¦ things can and do change, maybe?

4 Likes

This thread is gonna blow big. T-minusā€¦

3 Likes

Iā€™m doing a conservative ā€œdonā€™t get your hopes upā€ happy dance. :man_dancing:

2 Likes

With what Iā€™ll be saving per month now, how long till I can get my campy group set??

2 Likes

Do. It.

1 Like

This all goes well over my head in terms of companies and $$$$, but if the TR option is ā€œrealā€, I gotta imagine Z would be tossing a hefty kickback to TR in order for TR to accept what might mean an exodus of paying TR members that would leave TR as a separate app (assuming the end result here is a single payment direct to Z and full access to tools described from within the Z universe).

But that is all instant thoughts with minimal consideration and I am probably WAY off base.

1 Like

:rofl:

1 Like

Or buying them outright. Didnā€™t Nate say something a few months back about his willingness to sell TR at some point?

4 Likes

HEFTY

1 Like