Yoga Poses For Lower Back Pain

Hi, I am new to this forum but I noticed that some of my articles have ben linked to from Trainer Road and I wondered if my content might be of value to you guys. I make yoga videos for all sorts of everyday athletes and as well as the paid content on my site, I also post a lot of free resources, including articles and pose guides. Here is my latest article that I think might be useful:

If it is, please let me know and I will continue to share my free content with you. All my best, Abi

18 Likes

Hey! Wowā€¦bizarre seeing you hereā€¦fresh from the opposition (aka SF)!

I linked to your site over a year ago (Dec '18) which got 300 hits. :om: :call_me_hand:

Yeahā€¦LBP is maybe the #1 reason I turn to yoga (that and tight flexors).

1 Like

Thanks. Maybe Iā€™ll give these a try?

Right now Iā€™ve been doing Cobra (I thinkā€¦no clue really what Iā€™m doing lol), then plank, then alternate between Cat and Cow with some deep breathing and back through that same cycle a time or two.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum Abi

I actually just signed up for the 15 day trail, I have been having problems with my joints and tendons for the last couple of months.

Riding my bike or a lot gym work is out of the question for now, so I am hoping your videos will help me build up again.

I havenā€™t done yoga before so Iā€™ll stick to the beginner level ones :+1:

1 Like

Sounds good. I have a whole free library of pose tutorials on my site if you need some guidance: Cobra Pose - Yoga 15

5 Likes

Thank you! Sticking with the beginner vids is a great starting point. If you go to the Menu>Videos>By Difficulty>Beginner, you should be able to navigate from there.

1 Like

Ohā€¦who flagged her?

Discorse System. I tried to ignore them and keep the posts, but they seem to be hidden/blocked still.

Iā€™m not sure how this appears to a non-admin. Are you guys still able to see her posts?

Maybe @Bryce can double-check here?

I get ā€˜this post has been flagged by the communityā€™ and a link to ā€˜view ignored contentā€™. Clicking that, the post then appears in dark grey.

Maybe there is something up with the url in the post, it contains trackers etc? I canā€™t see the real url on my phone

1 Like

Resolved :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you. Iā€™m not sure what I did to trigger that.

No worries! When a new account posts a link in their first post, the system tends to automatically flag that post to prevent spam from getting through.

All sorted now though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ah. That makes sense. Thank you.

@Abi_Carver welcome. I have been following you online for a long time. (Boy, that sounds creepy). Glad you came over to TR. you have great stuff.

1 Like

Thanks! Let me know if you have any questions.

Welcome @Abi_Carver good to see you here, as Iā€™ve said before on other platforms your sessions have really helped me out over the last couple of years! Look forward to seeing how many other TR users benefit.

1 Like

Thank you! Good to ā€œseeā€ you here.

Awesome resource. Thank you Abi.

I have scoliosis with two 50 degree curves in my back and suffer from almost constant pain in my lower back if I do not stick to a regular yoga regime. Yoga helps tremendously and I have to do it for the rest of my life if I do not want complications in the future. I can do most moves although I am sometimes hesitant about camel and I have not attempted the wheel. The best one for me is the bridge pose! Yoga is great for my lower back pain I donā€™t know what Iā€™d do without it!
Regards, onplanners

Im a lifetime yoga practitioner, and Iā€™ll admit that I didnt read through all the replies, so if Im repeating something someone else said, apologies up front, but I find that you canā€™t just select poses for a successful practice. Many times one leads to the other, with a small loosening effect from one pose, enabling subsequent success in the following pose.

So what am I saying? Find a teacher (online or otherwise) who has a program for your problem area (recognizing that yoga by nature is a total body regime), and follow that for a bit. Stick with it, and go through the poses, even the ones you dont like so much (unless they are causing you physical distress) because many many times the pose you think is worthless is actually say, loosining your hips to allow a follow on movement to happen.

my .02.