XCadey - Spider based PM

They’re very similar. The Sigeyi was great with power but had a few spike issues, they fixed that, then broke the accuracy, then fixed that, and accuracy was good again. There’s another firmware out for the Sigeyi so testing starts again…

2 Likes

Uff thanks for answering man,

At the end the xcadey no get resolved right?

We are waiting for you review,

Regards

I had to bump it by 5% then I was happy with it.

1 Like

The last question, what about the calibration for the xcadey? It works like the autozero.

Regards

They had Auto-Zero then they removed it. I have no idea if they’ve added it back. One for XCadey Support.

I’ve had to offset my Assiomas to my Neo with about 3,4% to have it read equal. So 5% isn’t all that bad.

EDIT: I think I’ll get one of these to replace my Stages on the training-bike.

5% between the pedal and crank is a problem. When you’re sold something that’s x% accurate, and it isn’t… that’s an illegal practice in a lot of other industries.

3 Likes

Yes but it’s not really restricted to XCadey that’s what I mean by it’s not that bad. I find it pretty horrible that I’ve had to offset my Assioma Duos with 3.4% to have them read aligned with my Neo. I’m yet to try my newly purchased Quarq XX1. The left hand Stages I have on my trainingbike is about 7% lower than my Neo. I’m basing all my results around the Neo since it’s impossible to calibrate and should be pretty darn accurate from factory. If not I’m in for a surprise when I exchange it. :slight_smile:

There’s a lot of variables between a pedal and a direct drive trainer. So a few % can be explained/tested/proven. Same with a crank → trainer. Pedal to spider should be very VERY close.

1 Like

May i ask how i can see where the latest firmware is for Sigeyi powermeter? I can not find any info about that on Sigeyi homepage, i may be blind.

Within their mobile app.

1 Like

Would you say that it’s worth the price? I can see that they have spiders for Shimano M8100 which is pretty neat. For $300 it’s a bargain compared to other PM’s here in Sweden. Especially for MTB.

So still 3.24 then.

Is there an industry standard for testing to ensure accuracy?
It doesn’t necessarily seem fair to evaluate based on another powermeter?
Just look at the performance car industry, where most seem to say you cannot cross compare dyno (power) results across different equipment.

1 Like

I think same,

While the industry no get uniform calibration method and other values, each brand will be put to self way…

It’s like network standards, we need the IEEE to get inside the PM industry jajaja

But if sram and shimano can’t get the same BB standard size, less for PM :frowning:

Static weight testing is about as independent as you’ll get. It can confirm that the meter reads correctly without moving. When it starts moving, things can change. And the way companies test ‘moving’ power meters (and smart trainers) can differ a lot.

1 Like

Might give this PM a chance! Thank you for your time and detailed review!
Personally it doesn’t matter if it’s off by x-percent, as long as it is consistent. Which it does sound like it is.

1 Like

Ive got 1 of these on the way, will report in when it arrives. Have ordered the SRAM 3 bolt 5x110 spider and some ZRACE 165mm cranks for a TT build. Dont have power pedals/hub to do a direct comparison, but I have been riding with Quarq power for nearly 4 yrs so have a pretty good idea of power vs RPE & speed, particularly around the local cycle circuit

2 Likes

So far so good on the Xcadey spider. Calibrates well and consistently. Never drifts by more than a few points on calibration, seems to line up with RPE well. Running it 1x and zero issues.

Have done about 200km. Can provide links to strava rides if you want to look closely at the power/cadence (i dont look that closely)

Short cranks are awesome on the TT bike, can get a fair bit lower

1 Like

Just thought I would put my experiences of the XCadey XPower-S for Shimano 12 speed mtn bike cranks:
I ordered it on 11/5, and it arrived at my house in TN on 11/24. They provide you with a 4PX tracking link, which ends up being a mirror of a DHL number that gives you much more accurate shipping information.

The spider itself weighs 99 grams. Adding the 34 tooth stone 104 bcd chainring and bolts that XCadey provided, it came out to 144 grams. Of note, the stone chainring is a narrow/wide profile that allows the shimano 12 speed quick link to work, and doesn’t appear to be rubbing the links as wolf tooth’s website mentions.

Once everything was installed, I proceeded to attempt my best GPLama impression. I updated the firmware, threw the mtn bike on my kickr core, stomped on the pedals a bunch times, calibrated the power meters, and started pedaling. The first ride was interesting, with some large overshoots during the sprints and some differences between the kickr and the spider, even as I stopped throughout to spin down/calibrate.

I then dove a little deeper into the rabbit hole by putting some assioma pedals on the mtn bike and testing all three together (after putting a 95% value into the XCadey “power offset” value). The pedals and the spider lined up pretty good, with the kickr showing some differences. I don’t know if this is because of drivetrain loss due to running a 12 speed full suspension mtn bike on an 11 speed kickr core or what, but I plan on chasing this down tonight. I also plan on trying to ride the mtn bike outdoors a little bit to get some power spikes and see what it looks like.

1 Like