XCadey - Spider based PM

Yeah, I watched that video and noticed mine was 5% offset in the opposite direction as well. Ive contacted XCadey, and they want you to either message them on facebook or whatsApp, so I will keep the group updated on how that goes.

1 Like

I ordered mine (Race Face version) last week and I am very interested with your conclusionsā€¦
I will be able to compare it with my Elite Direto trainer power reading and I am actually able to compare the trainer as well to crank based dual powermeter from my road bike. So I am looking forward for the number comparisonsā€¦

Nope. Iā€™d like to get another unit and see how it stacks up.

2 Likes

I ran the assiomas against the kickr core tonight on the road bike using my waxed chain / etc, and everything matched up nicely. I cant run the xcadey on the road bike, so I think I am going to chalk up the differences on the mtn bike to drivetrain loss, suspension bobbing, etc for now. I am sure I will get bored later and run another set of tests.

1 Like

Over 1000km now on the Xcadey, mostly on the road and a few TR workouts on the trainer. Still no issues, still seems to match up nicely with RPE and known segments & speeds

Id definitely buy another if I was in the market based off my personal experience so far

3 Likes

Throwing in a short report in as well. Got the spider for Rotors Aldhu24 crank set (the asymetrical Shimano compatible version). First thing I noticed is the manufacturing tolerances seem a bit different. Meaning the spider has a tiny bit of wiggle room when put on the crank axle. I was a bit concerned about it, but the axle eats right into it after a few pedal strokes, so now there is no wiggle whatsoever. Iā€™ll have to see how itā€™s gonna hold up over time.
Accuracy-wise it reads 3% higher than my Elite Suito, which I think is reasonable (the two power sources track nicely otherwise). No spikes or other funky business I could see. So far Iā€™m happy.

Oh and the Rotor ā†’ Xcadey ā†’ Shimano combination looks pretty :fire:

Update: They messed up and it turns out the spider has a wrong chain line lol

1 Like

Well i bought two of these PMs. one for a shimano 104BCD with deore xt crankset,
and one for a SRAM 3-bolt mountain bike with 104BCD
Both units have failed in the wet. One failed while riding in wet weather. The other failed after a muddy MTN bike ride and wash.
Both units have started to work again after a few weeks. One currently seems ok, and the other started working on a ride, and then failed as soon as i rode through a creek on my MTN bike.
any email request for support from XCadey redirects you to use WhatsApp, which they donā€™t seem to monitor.
The units are rated as IP67 - which means they should be able to withstand 30 minutes in 15cm of water. This is not the case.
i did not do an external comparison - but based on the subjective efforts on my trainer, the numbers they were reporting at the time seemed legit.

Was thinking about getting the Rotor Aldhu version. Can you shed more light on the chainline issue?

Mike

Well, the spider simply puts the chain rings too far outward by maybe half a centimeter or so. Which means your front derailleur is not usable. Like it just doesnā€™t fit. You canā€™t push the derailleur enough to the right for it not to rub massively. Plus your chain line would be way off, especially on the bigger cogs in the bag.
After I contacted them they said they were aware of the issue (which kinda begs the question why they sold me a faulty unit to begin with lol). But maybe they fixed it by now. You could send them a mail and ask if they solved the issue. The customer service seemed pretty decent.

Cheers

Mike

Bumping this for some help from other Xcadey PM users if possible.

The mobile XCadey app (v1.7.8, on Android 10) doesnā€™t show battery level - itā€™s always at 100%

Anyone had this and fixed it, or found another app that can show the battery level?

Thanksā€¦

This is going to sound irritating Iā€™m sure, but are you sure youā€™re looking at the Battery level and not the Power Adjust line? The reason I say this is Iā€™ve made this mistake more than once thinking the PM is fully charged and I was looking at the wrong line item in the app.

The other thing I would say is that when I first connect to the app it sometimes takes a few seconds to update the battery percentage.

Not sure that is helpful at all but thought Iā€™d leave it here. I have the spider based version for a SRAM crankset BTW.

2 Likes

@timb34 I have noticed the same thing when I first go to the screen @Bikeguy0 showed in his post.

My normal process is:

1. check for updates,
  2. Calibrate
  3. look at battery %

If Battery is still 100%, my solution is to go to the previous screen (should be something showing the PM is connected), click on the PM again and battery life updates.

@Bikeguy0ā€™s statement about waiting a few seconds may be applicable for my situation; but, Iā€™m impatient and just use the method I described above. I only use the app to calibrate the PM and once a month or so confirm that the battery isnā€™t going to run out of power during my ride. I am getting about 6 months on a charge riding 6 to 10 hours/week

One other option is to use the trainerroad app. It gives the battery % and I think calibration works as well. If I remember correctly (I wouldnā€™t count on it), the TR app informs me when batttery is below 20%. My Lezyne GPS tells me when it is below 15%, that I can confirm.

1 Like

Ahh thanks for those - Iā€™m sure itā€™s the battery level, as both that and the Power Adjust are always on 100%.

Maybe Iā€™m being impatient - Iā€™ll try the @schils in-out-in-out-shake it all about method tonight (Iā€™m on off-season so donā€™t have an active TrainerRoad app at the moment).

Good to know that youā€™re getting about 6 months as well. I started looking at this as I realised that itā€™s been 4 months since I charged it!

Question for anyone who has an Xcadey Xpower-s Spiderā€¦

What does your Xcadey app show for the offset value?

I received mine today, it seems to be defective.
Will broadcast cadence just fine over ant/Bluetooth, but nothing appears for power.

It will successfully calibrate, but offset values are bouncing around oddly too.

Will check the app tonight and confirm tomorrow, but that doesnā€™t sound right. Mine has transmitted power and cadence right from installation to the Xcadey app, to a garmin watch and to TR or Zwift on a PC with Ant+ dongle.

I canā€™t remember having calibrated via the phone app, but running calibration from watch or PC consistently gives around -30. Iā€™ve never been able to find out what the ā€œacceptable rangeā€ for this offset is, but the absolute power reading seems realistic and stable enough.

Also, to catch up on the help I received above - yes, I do have to leave the app connected for longer than I thought (or go out and back in again) to get the real battery level displayed. If youā€™re trying to test the power meter just with this app, then it might not be completly reliable so it might be a good idea to try some other head unit/watch/app

1 Like

Ok, well on the xcadey app offset does jump around all over the place, cadence is picked up faster than power, but power is shown and updates faster than every second. This is via Bluetooth on an android 10 phone

I have been using my Xcadey spider powermeter with good succes for about 17 months now.
In the last 2 months however, Iā€™ve been getting wonky power results.
I managed a 60w ftp increase with my heartrate well below thressholdā€¦ even after calibration.

I contacted Xcadey and at first they didnā€™t want to help me (warranty is limited to 16 months) but after persisting they gave me a link to a replacement-section on their website. I had to destroy the powermeter and they said theyā€™d ship me a new one (they also said my current powermeter had hardware issues).

Iā€™ll keep you guys updated !

The first unit I had was clearly defective.
It took a bit of back and forth, but eventually I was also given a link to a replacement form to fill out, and had to drill through the unit to destroy it in order to be sent a replacement.

Replacement has been in use for a few rides and seems to be working properly, comparing favorable against my Neo2T, etc.

Not sure that Iā€™d choose Xcadey again over Sigeyi.

2 Likes

Is there a way to switch the L/R balance? mine is swapped.