Wout’s Peak Power Curve Trailing 6 Mo. (?)

Source: Van Aert SECRET Power DATA RELEASED!!! - YouTube

Update: According to the vid, the data on the spreadsheet are notes that someone connected to poster took after WVA removed privacy filter on power data in Strava. Screenshots would have been nice to verify authenticity.

So I don’t know if this is real but if it is…

Why is it “Time” and not “Tijd”

But, yeah sure it looks totally legit. I mean it’s right there on an Excel spreadsheet! Another way you know for sure its real is that there are a lot of capitalized lettters in that YouTube video.

At least they made his 20min power end in somethting other than a 5 or 0.

2 Likes

There is also a handwritten page in the video. Who does that to make up stuff.
They look plausible though :slight_smile:

1 Like

According to the vid, the data on the spreadsheet are notes that someone connected to poster took after WVA removed privacy filter on power data in Strava. I have seen this happen to pros on Strava before, so it is plausible. Screenshots would have been nice to verify authenticity, though.

Updated: looks like numbers are from last 6 months.

No idea about the authenticity of the data. None of the numbers look insane for him fresh though.

He dropped Geraint like a bad smell on that TdF stage and Geraint did ~730W for a minute. Considering that wasn’t an all out effort, Wout pushed on, and noone could stay with him, you could believe the above.

I also agree that these have to be pretty tough, I know he’s not human, but surely he’s not so robotic to do only round numbers :joy:.

2 Likes