Workout Creator Help

When modifying an existing workout or creating a new one using Workout Creator, how do you define the Warm Up and Cool Down intervals / durations?

Pretty sure they are set, but you can adjust them at start/end of ride as needed by selecting the extend feature at bottom of screen.

Hey there!

If you click on the warm-up/cool-down interval, you will be given the option to adjust the Start/End time and the duration :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks, but what if you have several intervals that are grouped as the warm up or cool down? For example, my typical warmup is three minutes each at 55%, 60%, 65,%, 70%, and 75%. Similarly cooldown is five minutes stepping down from 75-45%.

My real question comes from modifying Pettit +1 to eliminate the power drop off immediately after the two sprints. When I rode it yesterday, TR thought the entire ride up until the first sprint was the warm up. Likewise, the entire rest of ride after the last sprint was cool down. Does it have anything to do with the percentage that rest intervals are set at?

In the screenshot that @Bryce shared, see the box labeled “REST LEVEL”? What % of FTP do you have that set to? Also, where in TR are you seeing warm up / cool down? I build most of my workouts in Workout Creator, and I’ve never seen any part of the ride labeled as either warmup or cool down.

Nate covers the basics of “Rest Level” and pre-defined intervals here in this video. This link will take you to the timestamp where he starts talking about this topic:

Does that clear things up?

Snippets within Workout Creator is a powerful tool for creating custom warmups. I have about a dozen that I use for warmups, cool downs, and elsewhere when customizing workouts. Below is a screenshot of 3 cadence-based warmups (15, 30 and 60 seconds) as well as a 6min warmup of 40, 45 and 50% FTP.

1 Like

Thanks. I think it has to do with the rest level setting.