Who else plays Playstation while using TR?

I was wondering what you guys do while using TR. I play PS4 99% of the time. I even managed halfway through Vo2Max intervals! It was quite funny how it influence my 4 year old. The other day I was playing without cycling and he told me that I’m only allowed to play while cycling! He asked last evening when he can get a trainer for his bike so he can also play Spiderman. :laughing::laughing::laughing: Also do a bit of Netflix and my ‘cycling/running’ playlist when the going gets tough.

1 Like

Haha, I don’t think I could, even on the TT bike with my hands in the ‘right’ position to hold a controller! Do you have a smart trainer and stick erg mode on? I’d be amazed if you could keep a consistent output on a dumb trainer/rollers while playing a videogame :smiley:

music and a bit of browsing during low intensity, music only for higher intensity stuff.

I can barely switch music tracks during workouts, let alone do anything like play a game

5 Likes

This.

4 Likes

same. i keep a youtube window with travis scott’s sicko mode for when things get tough.

I think your FTP might be set too low :wink:

23 Likes

Any chance you can video this? :slight_smile:

Each to their own but I cannot think why on earth you would want to. But I really do think something is amiss with either your FTP or your trainer, because doing VO2 max stuff should require you to be holding onto the bike!

1 Like

“i keep a youtube window with travis scott’s sicko mode”

There’s no accounting for taste :wink:

This.

I can’t even watch TV.

5 Likes

This seems like an unnecessary post. Why interject with something like this?

It was a friendly joke. Is that not allowed?

2 Likes

Pfft. You are all like little babies. I juggle.

4 Likes

Do you not sweat!? I would be struggling to hold onto the controller after 10 minutes.

I’ve been trying to find a way to comfortably do this for awhile… do you use a trainer desk to lean your wrists and hold your controller, or just lean on the bars?

Personally, I was sitting here waiting on bated breath for you to chime in with your thoughts on rap music.

While it’s just a silly little comment, those types of comments can make this forum potentially feel like less of an inclusive environment than it can be. Cycling is already an incredibly closed-off sport as it is. It seems that most people in the sport are more concerned with how things “are supposed to be done” instead of actually riding their bike. I’ve had some run ins with some particularly aggro masters athletes lately that have only reinforced this for me lately.

We are all here because we like to ride our bikes and want to get faster. Maybe it shouldn’t matter what type of music someone likes?

I’m sure you didn’t mean anything by your comment, but it might be worth thinking about how it could be perceived and how little things like that might potentially add up to turn some people away from the sport.

I don’t think it was intended to offend, I certainly didn’t read it as anything other than a light-hearted comment.

6 Likes

I’ve done this a few times by putting a couple folded bath towels on my trainer desk. I’ll slide the desk so it’s over my bars, and I’ll basically hold a TT position on my MTB while in ERG mode. I could get by with gaming while doing sweet spot stuff, but it took a lot of focus, and didn’t seem as enjoyable as doing so during endurance rides.

2 Likes

I know what you mean, but you’d have to go a long way before it’s as bad as the notorious Wattage forum…

I don’t like the implication that we are swinging even close to the same direction as those more confrontational sites.

Count to 10 and consider your content before posting. This forum is awesome and will remain so if we all think about our posts with respect and understanding in mind.

6 Likes

I’m not sure if you meant this in reply to me, but if so, it certainly wasn’t my intention to imply it - quite the reverse.

1 Like