Who else is excited for GCN+?

I can since yesterday. The app has been updated and there is a GCN+ tab next to the other.

2 Likes

Try logging out and logging back in. They say that is fixing the issue for most people. You should see a new icon down at the bottom for the + content.
IMG_3588

1 Like

Got it. Thanks for the help!

Yep, went to the app store and updated the app. Now the GCN+ plus shows up and I can see the other content. Thanks!

if anyone is interested, the app updated yesterday and is now showing for nvidia shield boxes. this is huge. i updated the app but haven’t tested it yet. will report back

2 Likes

Thank you! Going to sign up now.

Anyone in the U.S. get GCN+ to work with a VPN on Android? If so, which VPN and how’s it set up? (message me directly if you don’t feel comfortable sharing in thread)

I’m using Windscribe and confirmed my IP address is in France, but I still can’t view last year’s Tour de France replays. I get the same message as I do with the VPN off:

well i’m happy to report that the new gcn app works well on nvidia shield (android tv). in the us i’m able to see all regional content plus their documentary stuff as well. also tested via a vpn connection and that worked fine as well. ff/rewind/pause all work great and it picks up where you left off when you exit the app. so far i’m digging this setup!

1 Like

Another US user with a very positive first impression. iPad app works great and casts to AppleTV well. It can be expanded to full screen on iPad. Website works on iPad, but no pause, fast forward, etc. Have to use the app for those. Website on MacBook works great with Safari, has pause, for, etc., and casts perfectly to ATV too.

That’s interesting, I finally got the website to work on iPad using “Request Mobile Website” and have pause and forward. Couldn’t get it to work at all with the desktop website in Safari.

1 Like

What is “request mobile website”?

Tap the aA symbol in the URL bar. You can use it to toggle between desktop and mobile versions, useful to try if a web site isn’t behaving how you expect it to.

1 Like

Is that just for safari, or is there a similar option for Chrome?

I think you can get the same option from the three dot menu in Chrome

Looking forward to the Tour des Alpes - Maritimes et du Var this weekend. It was a shame we only could get highlights of Stage 1 but at least we got 2 mins of racing on our screens :joy: Strange that the organisers decided not to broadcast the first stage. UAE tour kicking off tomorrow also. Whoop!

Do we have a thread to discuss pro cycling races? I will do a search.

1 Like

So far I have found gcn+ to be a perfect complement to my indoor sessions. It’s probably very personal, but I found that a road race and its commentary provides me a good background experience to my sessions. So much so that I have put on hold my Zwift subscription at the moment.

I haven’t tried the documentaries yet, but will certainly do so in my endurance sessions.

3 Likes

Just subscribed as the $25 for a whole year feels like a steal. I’m in the US and usually can only get the TdF on NBCSN, so it’s fun to see some of these other minor races and I’m watching CX for the first time! Works well on my Android phone as well as Chromecasting from my laptop, but hoping for a Roku app soon.

1 Like

I agree. I even bought a Chromecast with Google TV just to have a remote while watching GCN+. Using a phone as a remote while riding rollers is a recipe for disaster.

There’s currently a 6-month Netflix + Chromecast w/Google TV deal for $90. So if you’re already paying for Netflix, you essentially get the Chromecast for $7.

Just be warned that the remote is extremely slippery. I already dropped it once.:man_facepalming: But much better than dropping a $700 phone! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

For whose outside UK or US so i cannot login in the website and only use app. How can i stream into TV? Chromecast? Is that option in the video player?

Top notch coverage of Tour des Alpes-Maritimes stage 2 today. Jose Been is a great addition, and wow, what a race!

1 Like