Hi fellow Trainerroaders,
I was hoping to receive some feedback on which plan I should shorten to reach my goal race. As of Monday Feb 18, there will be 20 weeks until my A race, and adding the training plans require exactly 20 weeks to complete. I will be travelling for and 1 week in March and I would like an easy week prior to the race.
Do you have any recommendations on which plan / week to cut short/omit?
Here is what I have scheduled currently:
- start week 3 of 6 weeks of sweet spot base training low V session 2 on Mon Feb 18 (4 weeks left)
- 1 week of travel March 9-17 (which would be the last week of the SS base training plan)
- start Half IM build Low V on Monday March 18 (8 weeks)
- start half IM specialty low V on Mon May 13 (8 weeks)
A few notes:
- my goal race is a 5K run - 95K bike - 21 K run (no swimming); this means I would omit the swim workouts are prescribed in the IM training plans
- I incorporate 3-4 shorter injury prevention sessions per week
Thank you for taking the time to read my question and providing feedback!