Which plan for XCC / XCO

Hi

I am struggling to decide on a TR plan.

I am currently doing a custom plan on the TR platform similar to SSBLVII with Sundays replace by a long 4 to 5 hour mtb ride.
Tues - threshold, Thurs - v02 (build up from 30 sec to 2 min intervals)

My next phase is due to be a short power build with v02 intervals both Tuesday and Thursday.

I am deciding whether to keep my Tuesday as an over under session and a Thursday as v02.

I never done a v02 block so hence why I am hesitant to replace all threshold sessions.

My races involve me cycling to the events and cycling back (1 hour each way), so I’d say sustained fitness is important.

Additionally, the course itself is very very technical with more punchy technical climbs than sustained. So I feel over unders would translate better so you still need to push on some of the more undulating single track section. The course takes about 45 to 50 minutes.

If I was to pair over unders with v02 max. What type of v02 would be most beneficial to XC as I am describing. Would it be sustained intervals building to 5 minute @ 120% or short repeated efforts.

Another option is to stick to 2x v02 sessions a week and see where that gets me. One of the v02 sessions would be an over under type session and the other more traditional. I have never done this before so may be interesting to see.

Please let me know what you think :metal: