What would you do if you can't hold the power in the training sessions

@leonchu886 you are not the first to get wrecked by Kaweah a few days after a new ramp test! :smiley: Looks like you had a whopping big +10% FTP improvement. That’s awesome.

I’m going to suggest that the ramp test is most likely overestimating your FTP.

Just looking at the data from your last ramp test. If I were you I would set my FTP at 156W. Your best 1 minute power from that ramp test was 217W. 156W would be about 72% of that…or better yet experiment with an FTP set in the 150-155 range and see how it goes.

In the future, consider doing an all out (ish) 5 minute interval before you start your ramp test. That will give you a more accurate result from your ramp. I talked about this in this thread:

You can view an example of such a ramp test in the group ‘Hour of Power FTP Challenge’ workout repository. Look for HA Ramp Hybrid.

I don’t think there is a hope in heck you’re going to take any of my advice! :smiley: Regardless, you can rest secure in the knowledge that many TR users (myself included) have been exactly where you’re at now. Stick with it…you will find a way forward! Good luck.

2 Likes