What workout did you do today? (2021, part 1)

Tunnanora last night.

Always very pleasant. Something about the structure makes it very enjoyable, as far a sweetspot goes anyway :grin:.

Tallac up later, but might head outdoors -weather is pretty nice today. Plus, have a 200km cycle tomorrow and the bike’s just back from a service. Would probably be wise to make sure everything’s in working order.

Edit: Forgot my graphic😅

10 Likes

Freeride90
Carpathian peak was on the schedule but fancied a change so I jumped into a Zwift race. Plenty of threshold work there, with plenty of over and unders!

Excellent workout, 4 TSS over planned amount, time flewby, all good for the legs :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Did Corcoran -8 Wednesday, trainer didn’t have it’s day. Did the +1 version today. Hard, very hard but managed. It broke me in the final seconds of the last interval. A RPE 10. All Out :muscle:

11 Likes

Did another double today. I’m slowly settling in to my Polarized Plan. At my age, definitely having 3 full off the bike days per week is good for the recovery and I can functional strength training on the off days.

Pretty happy with my progression since November. Lower HR per power output is definitely a plus.

Have a great workout everyone.

14 Likes

Well that was tough!

11 Likes

The weather is dreadful outside today so the team Saturday Bash got called off. Not complaining, I was going to play the soft card anyway :wink:

So I jumped on the trainer and did my own Bash. Followed that up with a short and sweet endurance workout to clear the legs.

8 Likes

Skipped the River Ride this morning due to 30mph gusts, so did an indoor workout instead. It sucked , but not as much as expected, so yay?

9 Likes

Spanish needle for me last night. Found it quite challaging bu the end but managed to complete all the 99 burst at target power or at least the best I could average with the bit of lag from erg mode. Had to use erg mode wouldn’t like to have to try amd find the right heating for each interval and rest period, think that this would take too much brain power on a already quite taxing workout. Lost about 5 percent of the target power because of this lag which I can live with.
Took a lot out of me to be honest but to be expected having never done this volume of sprints in one session before.
Wouldn’t even consider attempting this workout outside.
Now to recover before the next tough session, a sweet spot ride tonight :grimacing:

12 Likes

Catching up. Townsend Friday as per! Then yesterday was meant to be the fast club ride but rain stopped play here in the U.K. so I did SusPB workout that was planned (Palisade) indoors instead. All felt good albeit the final 2 mins of each interval got me needing to be in full focus mode.

Skipped the planned Juneau -1 today to head outside in the sun/warm. Didn’t have an ideal route planned for the workout so just went and enjoyed myself riding my bike over a lovely 100km :grin:

Rest day tomorrow.

8 Likes

Cumberland with 20 min brick.

Was expecting rain so stayed indoors, no rain🤷‍♂️. Starting new build next week, so no harm taking it handy anyway. I’d have overdone it outdoors anyway most likely.

8 Likes

Buttertub +5. Was hoping to do outside sweet spot but rain forced me on the trainer, tough but doable.

8 Likes

I done a open TT in the morning but stupidly let my pm go to sleep and mis paced it.

Given I still had energy and there was still plenty of the day left I dropped an impromptu tempo work out in for outdoors. I was quite pleased with my level of compliance to the workout. Except when I thought I’d lost something out of my pocket and I spent 5-10minutes out looking for it.

5 Likes

Mostly holding steady, which I will take over the alternative. As always, group ramp > solo ramp, thanks @jzhowie!

11 Likes

Just a 90-min endurance ride today, but with one effort to wake the legs up after 2-days off. I set a 60-second PR (638w). Cool.

8 Likes

Bluebell +1

Skipped one interval in the third set, cut short one in the fourth, and reduce the intensity 5% for the last two intervals. VO2 has been kicking my butt for the last four weeks. :triumph:

7 Likes

Mills

Legs felt tired and used after this one… final interval extended as I’d been doing KOM repeats on Zwift and decided to complete the climb even though I’d told myself not too. Spencer only a week away :woozy_face:

8 Likes

Still playing around with new (to me) workouts to keep things interesting.

Super excited to see my TR Plan Builder plans update last night. Looking forward to getting stuck in. Lots of new workouts on the horizon :+1:

7 Likes

Monadnock +4 this morning.

I am happy to see the TR updates include the progression levels against workouts - I am in turn looking forward to seeing our personal progression levels in due course alongside the assignment of achievable, not recommended and break through status as todays efforts certainly felt like the latter.

Happy with getting through it relatively unscathed but it hurt at the time!

7 Likes

One of the new workouts was in my calendar, Wild Snow. I was wanting some TT practice but I was also expecting a delivery and didn’t think I’d have time. So I prepped the turbo. The package came on time though. So I quickly took the bike off the turbo and headed out. Too quickly I had the wrong shoes/cleats on and had to come back and change.

Given the delay I started the workout on the shared path, I usually wait until I am off it and over the footbridge and railway level crossing.

I’m quite pleased with how the bike shifted/ handled. I think thicker gloves protected my damaged fingertips and made things feel smoother :+1:

5 Likes

Stangate

Using my forte, anaerobic repeats, to lift up the rest of my fitness.

9 Likes