Crit training race. Two solo breaks off the front then pulled the four man break for the last five laps, still managed second in the sprint. Not exactly how I would ideally race, but fun and a good workout!
This is the only workout I never managed to finish to date
There is something about that 1:2 minute ratio that just kills me everytime about half way through.
This is coming up on my schedule. Can’t say that I’m super excited about that…
Congratulations on getting it done! ![]()
Is it weird that these “taper week” workouts are giving me power PRs? (Also the full version of this is three of those sets with less rest in between, which I find mind-boggling.)
Kern-1 , ouch fatigue is getting to me . Few days rest now before Sonora +2
Be very interested to hear how it goes. I bought a bench a couple of weeks back, but can’t get weights at the moment. Think everyone’s setting up a home gym since Covid…
My gains are coming very slowly, so hoping a little strength work will help.
Matthes +1 last night. No joke. 9 indoor 3 minute VO2 efforts. What else can he said?
Williamson earlier in the week. This nearly broke me. Had done Mendel last week which is almost the same but no 2min VO2 at the start of work. Those efforts made the last 5 incredibly difficult. Tough love from Coach Chad indeed.
Every store I’ve been to is empty, and very little selection online. Almost bought another $80 kettlebell but shipping was $60!
Oh jeez, that looks rough -3 minutes indoor VO2 is torture, 4 is just asking to fail! I find these longer VO2 intervals much more tolerable outside. I have an old jeep road I do them on which requires varying cadence to stay in range. I think this helps me to get through them a bit smoother.
So how would you call 3x7? They were real killer ![]()
I think I’m probably 50% full compliance with Palisade. Definitely the lowest of any I’ve done a bunch of times.
One word: horrifying! ![]()
I’m seriously impressed by your even power output, despite the hills, that’s pretty awesome! It almost looks like ERG mode ![]()
I’ve been off the training wagon for a few weeks. I was riding and doing maybe 1-2 workouts a week. Now I have one race on the horizon, so I had plan builder re-calculate for me and started in ssb2 from the looks of the workouts.
I can handle 30-30’s, but when the vo2 stuff gets out to 90 seconds is when I really start to hurt.
My outdoor Tuesday smash fests are making my weeks pretty hard right now. Gray was barely manageable today. I ground out about the last 10 minutes, cadence falling steadily - seriously hard. It could well be the temperatures - 27°C outside.
New PR (350w) all the way from 10:30 - 20:00, since upping the FTP slightly.
Club TT and a short run Tuesday, 47miles zone 2 @21.1mph yesterday, Mills and a short run today…maybe need an easy couple days as I have an open 25m TT Sunday morning and it isn’t due to rain in any way at all! ![]()
Same as last week, but went in much more rested. My HR was 5 bpm lower and I felt better the entire workout. Best day I’ve had in weeks, honestly. What I’m realizing is that I probably need to stop all running, even the little sessions I’ve been doing on the treadmill. The running creates too much fatigue and I always end up feeling worse on those days and subsequent ones.
Hey it was 100F / 38C when I went into the garage to pump up tires! ![]()
![]()
Just following the plan… strength first and cycling second priority for another 5 weeks.








