What workout did you do today? (2020, part 2)

Don’t post your private email. There’s a whole thread devoted to people sharing free month codes.

Use the PM function to share personal details.

PS. Feel free to PM me for a referral.

Darwin. Week 10 of 29 of a plan builder plan. I’ve recently discovered these types of threshold workouts are my big weak spot. VO2 max are no problem but these…BIIIIGGG weak spot. Thank the gods for the ability to adjust the intensity as I don’t think I could have made it through the 3rd and 4th intervals at 100%. I’m really feeling the effects of no commutes this past summer.

Darwin by the spokebreaker at Thursday, Dec 17 2020 - TrainerRoad

Today started perfect.
Conness +2 is exactly the kind of workout I wanted to do and I did it superbly. Tempo was no problem, intervals were a bit more tricky, but manageble.
Did it fasted, only some black coffee before and water between and boy, is breakfast going to taste sweet :smiley:

I wasn’t feeling 100% yesterday and endurance left me questioning this morning’s workout.

Started off and the warm up felt ‘ok’. So I did the first interval. Not too bad. HR a little high but ‘ok’. Recovered nicely so, I cracked on.

Before I knew it, I’d got the work done. Not my best workout but, I proved to myself the power of my mind :+1:

I’ll hook one up when i’m in France and feed it over to you via a cable :joy: shouldn’t b too costly :crazy_face:

Sounds very familiar.
And it was the reason I had to lower my initial FTP settings (overestimated during the ramp test).
Anyway, it does get better. Hang in there!!

image

Clark. Big stomps, old knees!


AM session - 3 hours Z2 - really tough after yesterday

My very first TT! Virtual, but I’ll take it.

This was a spontaneous decision made last night after chatting about TTs yesterday for a bit. It sounded fun…however, 15 minutes in that changed to dread. And with 4 minutes to the finish line, I was really huffing and puffing. I had to drop the watts just a tad to not die. So I did it right then, yeah?

Initially, I was expecting I would be able to hold like 5+ watts above threshold because it’s less than a 30 minute effort. But I didn’t consider that I didn’t taper into this and am training like usual. With that said, I feel holding threshold for over 25 minutes in the middle of a training block seems pretty awesome. Yeah, I’m going with that.

what it says on the tin

Did a second run through of a 40 minute assessment today.

Did the same last week and came out at 359 watts for 40 minutes, my averages then were as follows:

0:00-10:00 - 350
10:00-20:00 - 357
20:00-30:00 - 355
30:00-40:00 - 373

This week I did the following

0:00-10:00 - 355
10:00-20:00 - 362
20:00-30:00 - 366
30:00-40:00 - 384

Overall I’m pleased with the improvement, pacing was better, but still far from ideal. I probably should’ve increased a bit more for the 10-30 minute mark. I think there’s definitely another 3-4 watts out there at my current fitness level

Failed McAdie +1…
switched to McAdie…
failed again :angry:

Might have been underlying fatigue from all the snow shoveling and sledding with my 2 and 4 year old yesterday… or perhaps I just wasn’t motivated enough!

Either way, I made a deal with myself that if I fail even a single workout I have to repeat the entire week… :man_facepalming:

Looking forward to crushing McAdie +1 on Christmas!

They are some seriously impressive numbers!!! :muscle: :muscle:

Now is when you reveal you’re a 60kg climber :joy:

Thanks, 76 kg this morning, if I was 60 kg I’d probably be taking calls from some low level teams

Dunderberg-1 was in my diary but I had a 6h non stop drive so I put it back to today. I decided to give it a go today but back off a bit after an hour to save something for the weekend sessions. It also didn’t help I was in a temporary pain cave with one small fan and no immediate access to my laptop keyboard or food.

:musical_note: Won’t you take me to…Brasstown? :musical_note:

If that. Maybe some of those run of the mill club teams like Ineos or NL Jumbo :wink:

And the PM session :+1: