What workout did you do today? (2020, part 2)

Huge confidence builder only 10 days post ramp test!

14 Likes

Really had to gut this one out lol pretty fun to have had my HR under 130 at 207w (70%) my last couple of rides, it’s ridiculously easy

14 Likes

I have found one of the best indicators of increased fitness (for myself at least) is a really ridiculously low heart rate during recovery and aerobic rides… Nice job!

7 Likes

Totally agree. I was shocked at first, but slowly getting used to it :smiley:

12 Likes

Monitor -1:

Everything about riding a trainer feels weird right now, which I can probably chalk up to some combination of being in a new place with a new setup at the wrong time with a made-up plan after not doing them for a while. Had some technical difficulties that prevented me from extending the cooldown and wow was I super sad about that :upside_down_face:

15 Likes

That was extremely difficult. Probably one of the top 5 hardest workouts I have done in a while. However, I am stoked to be going into a recovery week now. Also, I got a bloody nose in between the 1st and 2nd interval :joy:. Overall though, I am super happy I got through that much of the workout without reducing the intensity.

16 Likes

Back down to earth with a ramp test this morning :unamused:
271v1

17 watts gone in 30days…

14 Likes

Great to be back, the gym was closed for 3 weeks due to covid. Wasn’t sure what to do, ramp test or just do a workout. Went with the latter at the same FTP. Felt good, fitness still good after this time off.

13 Likes

2x45 @ 90% and then z3 for 1h18m

I don’t actually feel destroyed… which is new

18 Likes

Disaster-2. First time!

19 Likes

Working above endurance intensity?

“BREATHE THROUGH YOUR DAMN MOUTH!!”

16 Likes

Garmin file says FTP = 262 up from 260 which I think is correct, it was progressive and the cross-over definitely seems to be around 262 - 267 watts based on feel. Could of held 265 for longer but 270 - 275w was starting to really burn. TTE 48 minutes 14 seconds. 262 might be a touch low but I’m going with that, 260 - 265 is within that daily margin of error I think.

Edit: Was going to do a 40 minute run, but didn’t feel too good after that, so probably better to rest and get some better training in tomorrow.

14 Likes

5hrs Z2 to back up yesterdays intervals, the sun came out too :smiley: :smiley:

14 Likes

Group Rockhouse with the squad (@N8lewis and @runriderandi). M’tell y’all sum’n: this is the hardest TR workout I’ve ever done. Disaster ain’t got shit on Rockhouse. No way I would’ve finished without the group.

21 Likes

I’ll be hitting this in March after I finish up build! It’s the highest per hour TSS in the catalog.

3 Likes

Let me know if you want a group workout. @runriderandi and I were talking about doing this again in March or April. I had to do the last hour at 95%, so I have a score to settle.

3 Likes

this signals the end of my first full TrainerRoad plan - SSBMV 1&2, general build, rolling road race. Happy days, a couple of weeks of zwift races and outdoor rides over the holidays then reload the plan in the new year!

13 Likes

Just reviewed this week…

I’ve gotta be happy with that. :grinning: :grin: :smiley:

11 Likes

I’d love to do it as a group! Hopefully I’ll have a better setup by then and be off the iPad which has prevented me from partaking in group rides so far! I’d like to do it after build and before ramp test to avoid doing it after a fresh FTP (I know, sandbagging a bit). First week of March is the plan.

2 Likes

Did you literally search for those parameters? You’re a mad man.

2 Likes