What workout did you do today? (2018/2019)

Thanks I’ll look at taking a screenshot next time what volume ss plan you doing? I’m doing the low but hoping to put a mtb ride in at weekend.

Mills… Next week thinks get really real with 5 x 3 min at 120%, these are just 45s at 120 then ramp down to 110%

Had enough in the tank to go plus 10 watts over target for that last one, thinking my last ramp test was jacked… But until I can hold 120% for 3 min I am not going to bump it up.

4 Likes

Currently doing mid volume, riding 6 times a week which includes an easy social Sunday spin with the crew.

Next March/April i’ll change to low so i can do more riding outside and still follow a plan properly.

Got quite a long cycle this time, i’m doubling up on Base/Build so doing Base/Build/Base/Build/Specialty :slight_smile:

Looks brutal - anything 105% and over for me is pure suffering!

Wish I could get 6 rides a week in well done. I might have a look at the base build base build speciality as I’ve no real plans till end of may beginning of June.

1 Like

Mills.

Oh yeah!
Nothing like cranking out 120% FTP @110rpm :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Mmmmmm…smells like racin’!!!

2 Likes

Grim - That’s the only word for that workout!

Today I went to the gym at 5am and did some deadlifts and back exercises. Not strictly cycling related but to paraphrase @chad, strength is good for a healthy body and a healthy body is good for being fast!

2 Likes

Eclipse for me tonight. It hurt :weary:

3 Likes

Baxter -2

Found a good gear I could use throughout as the instructions requested.

Tomorrow is Jepson

2 Likes

Warlow. First time and it looked a bit intimidating. Got through it OK though.

2 Likes

Pettit - recovery week at the end of SSBHVII is so nice

1 Like

Mount Hayes -4.

What a struggle :sweat:

2 Likes

Tunnabora

Had to cut short the last interval to get to a meeting. Legs still aching from a run the day before…ran too hard.

3 Likes

Jepson done. Fell off the roller once when sprinting while in the drops (can see HR drop on the last interval) Would have liked one of @mcneese.chad’s setups today (he’s got bumpers set up to keep him in the middle of his rollers)

Getting really real now! After this week, the last 2 of SSBII are pretty damn tough.

next up Palisade on Saturday

5 Likes

I had Antelope -4 this morning with Palisade on Saturday, loving SSBMVI at the moment

2 Likes

A tough little beauty, 45mins in Sweet Spot. Tried out the “extend warm down” for the first time, as this one crams in the intervals.

2 Likes

Geiger for me today😊

3 Likes

We’re both doing SSB2, almost to the day, I think you’re a day ahead of me (I’m doing Jepson today); what plan you headed into after SSB?

Ditto. T minus 3 hours. Have bumped the recovery valleys slightly.

First ‘workout’ on the rocker plate this evening, rode Baxter yesterday but that’s fairly sedate. Need to stiffen it up slightly so it feels less like a space hopper.

1 Like