What workout did you do today? (2018/2019)

Ramp test, PR, +7 watts. Followed that up with Truuli-1 to make a really solid day.

8 Likes

I like Lazy Mountain because I can do it in my pajamas.

9 Likes

Fang Mountain +1. Kept resisting the workout texts suggestion to bump up intensity. So fecking pleased I did by the time the last interval came around…

7 Likes

Had Sonora on the calendar, but decided to switch it out with a Zwift race. I have my A race next weekend so I want to get those competitive juices flowing. It worked! I set PBs across the board.

7 Likes

Failed Kaiser. Again. I’ve got to do something like a VO2Max build-up mini-camp or something. Slowly build up from 60s intervals up to those 3 min jobs. Maybe do a mixer - 3mins, 1 min, 3mins, etc.

6 Likes

Chad (actual Chad, not Other Chad) has a mini-plan for this!

(How’s your climate/airflow situation?)

3 Likes

Was reading that reference thread before I posted, thanks. That’s what I’m probably going to do - that or start a “I suck - I mean I really suck - me too” thread.

No, I don’t have a climate excuse. The basement is at a pretty constant temperature winter/summer - certainly drier in the winter with the heating, but nothing worth noting. And I have the same fan in my face year-long.

1 Like

Ansel Adams -2 this morning.

Based on my limited knowledge of actually making it into ‘the’ break, this is what the efforts felt like. Take your turn then pop off, try to recover, then go again. Of course you’re not recovering at such a low wattage level but the mental aspect was there.

Loved this session :+1:

8 Likes

Zwift: Vikings Valhalla Recovery Ride
Just what the legs ordered :slight_smile: recovery rides in groups do stop you doing too much and having that little effort at some point! Enjoyed the banter of the collective, will look out for this one again, hopefully a regular Wednesday 17:20 (BST) spot.

5 Likes

Kern-4 at the start of my taper. What is it that I get through these reasonably well but struggle as soon intensity goes beyond 110%? The threshold intervals were fine, the sweet spot “valley” was almost easy, but the outer 115% intervals were very tough. What is my limited here, vo2max or the underlying aerobic engine?

6 Likes

Ritter. Had not done over/under in a while, was tough but did it. Ready to start my VO2Max mini-plan next week, and crush 3-min repeats in a short while…

7 Likes

Probably a combination of practice and abilities though given there is basically no recovery time during sets in that workout I wouldn’t feel too bad.

1 Like

I did Geiger +1 yesterday, was harder than usual following my .88IF hilly century from Sunday

4 Likes

Solo 125km around Singapore in the midday heat with some nasty headwinds for company. Average temperature was 36°C. Usually we do these rides early and in a group, which is the formula I’ll stick to in future.

Needless to say, I started suffering big time around the 80km mark. In spite of taking around 6l of fluid on board during the ride, I still ended up weighing 3kg less than when I started :hot_face:

Easy few days ahead now.

10 Likes

Ramp Test
Previous FTP: 302
New FTP: 309

12 Likes

Slightly modified Joe Devel -4…

6 Likes

Goddard
Note to self: Next time read the ride descriptions…

Trainer road work out around the Zwift volcano

During first 30 second VO2 max interval thought this isn’t hit my VO2 max levels and raised intensity by 10%. Last interval on final set I raised by 15%… only on reading ride info I found out it was for leg drills, in particular single side leg drills!

Live and learn but regardless it was enjoyed!

4 Likes

Ouch, Looks tough.

Lion Rock. I didn’t have it in me today. Could barely turn the legs over at the end of the first set.

6 Likes

The struggle is real :facepunch:
Somedays you’re the mosquito, somedays you’re the windshield! :laughing:

8 Likes