What to make of 2x20 min efforts

1hr 7min effort. Ignore the 8mins at low power as that was cool down.

25 mins at 323W average. Lower power is cool down as abover.

25mins at 330W avg. No cool down as ended the ride to get to next race immediately.

Hmm, you do 5W bins (or 10W that brendanhousler asked for)? Those efforts are a bit short, but you can still try applying the ftp triangulation techniques from ā€œTraining and Racing with a Power Meterā€ that I detailed here: Is the Ramp Test right for VO2 Max constrained cyclists on sustained power plans? - #34 by bbarrera

Donā€™t have 5W or 10W breakdown Iā€™m afraid. Sorry.

the one hour effort shows a drop at 300W, so I guess that rough ā€œpower distributionā€ ftp estimate at 300-325W? I havenā€™t used that technique muchā€¦ its either 275-300 or 300-325. Later today Iā€™ll pull out the 2nd and 3rd editions of the book, review that page, and let you know.

330W for 20 mins

323W for 20 mins

296W for 1hr 7min

Hereā€™s a link to the strava rides for info. The top two rides were 20 minutes apart. My Strava profile is open so feel free to look at what you need:-)

TBH most of these efforts are too spikey to draw any type of conclusion. 20 minutes of rest in between efforts is enough to reconstitute a lot of anaerobic contribution.

Given you mostly seem to ride on Zwift and donā€™t do any intervals, I honestly wouldnā€™t get caught up on what your FTP is. Enjoy power PRs and leave it at that.

1 Like

I was thinking the same.

1 Like

Cheers! Thanks for taking a look! I might do a ramp test for fun, but TBH, this year I havenā€™t done any structured training. Iā€™m enjoying my bike like never before and appear to be stronger than ever!!

PS - this is in no way advocating not training!!!

2 Likes