What PR did you hit today?

Not very often that I get PRs, but did today 51mins averaging 275 (np 277), 3.9w/kg, IF 0.95 on a zwift race. I’ve avoided zwift racing for a while but wanted to “race” after religiously following TR ssb, short power, and CX specialty HV all year. Hopefully by the end of this 3 week mini season I can get that closer to my ftp for an hour

2 Likes

A 2020 2sec power PB for me. The max looks right for me but to hold it stable for 2 secs :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I took some all time PR’s today for short power 1-3 minutes. I’m happy as these were at the end of a 3+ hour ride and on a MTB…

3 Likes

Did a 80km road race today. I target 70.3s as my main events so the constant surging really hurt. Was also my second race with a power meter, so all other power data has been from workouts on the trainer. Need to update up FTP up 9 watts after a ramp test last week…

7 Likes

Nice to see the words ALL TIME. Especially when they are at the 3hr side of things.

6 Likes

Did my 3rd zwift race of the week yesterday, it was a longer event so wasn’t really expecting huge watts for the duration. But it was solid, I set a 60min all time best, 266w, NP was 268 IF 0.91. The whole thing was IF 0.88 for 1:45, so really solid

5 Likes

Probably a Watt or two in that, but >6W/kg for 5 min is a beginning. Next seasons goal to hold that for 10 min.

6 Likes

1325w on my tacx sprinting…best ever indoor

4 Likes

Not from today, but last months. Col De Ferrier at 360W average for just top 100 Finish! The second one is a Cat 1 Climb near Grasse, France. I dropped my Mini Pump just one k away from the finish, and had to turn around, pick it up and go again. Probably lost like 30 seconds there. Still enough for 137/7000. This random guy at the Top there (Romain or something) should better watch out… :joy:

(upload://5hC2tr3pp3uMAxIXnGUTw6Vlu5V.jpeg)

8 Likes

8 min power PB, 5.17w/kg! Went pretty deep on this one, my legs and arms went numb at the top of the climb!

8 Likes

I’ll counter your highest CTL with my lowest TSB after doing 459 TSS yesterday :joy:

6 Likes

You did 459 in a day? You still alive?

Seriously impressive stuff.

Did my first INSCYD PPD test in June this year, threshold power was estimated at 295W with a VLaMax of 0.67mmol/l/min even though I’ve been training for Olympic-half distance triathlons for 3.5-4 years now and don’t focus on short intervals (never shorter than 5’).

After a lot of FatMax rides and some 3x20’ SS sessions and so on, I managed to do a Zwift TT on the Tempus Fugit course at an average power of 317W (±4.8W/kg) for 23’30". 20’ power was 320W on the dot, had a bit of a mental dip after 20’, still held over 330W the last 1.5 minutes. So 304W FTP (±4.6W/kg) now on on average 8-8.5h of cycling per week.

Really happy to finally break 300W FTP, bought a roadbike and started training 3.5-4 years ago.

7 Likes

Very good numbers at your weight. Try a max effort outdoors, it should yield you 5-10 more watts at the same perceived exertion.

Thank you!

My Tacx Flow Smart only has a really small flywheel (1.6kg) so you have to (noticeably) put force through a larger portion of the pedal stroke to keep the thing going compared to outside, so there have to be a few Watts to be gained there I guess. I was using a large fan but likely outdoor there’s still something to be gained as well. I would like to do another one outdoors, but I’d rather do it on a hill with 4-6% incline or something.

Already crashed at 27mph/43kph last week with my TT bike doing intervals outside, didn’t see a pothole in time and lost control. I just have road rash and a soor shoulder but my Speed Concept needs quite a bit of work and carbon repair so I’m a bit anxious doing all-out efforts outside haha.

Outdoor intervals on the TT bike can suck (I always feel a lot more shaky on the TT, although I ride it all the time), but I think nothing is worse than TT intervals indoors. Staying in position without any side-to-side movement is absolutely horrendous.

I fully understand the negative feeling crashing gives you about riding outdoors. However, riding outdoors is a lot more effective than people think („indoor training counts as outdoor training times 1.5“). I have made the experience, that when going after PRs, finding the right piece of road etc is of course more challenging outdoors, but once you did that, power is much higher and, at least for me, I suffer much less badly.

Agreed, indoors feels a lot worse/harder in the position! I still ride >90% outside as long as the weather isn’t too bad/cold, but except for one other spot with not that much traffic, the only place I can really do them without having to soft paddle or stop paddling often is on the cycling path next to the canal which is where the accident happened haha. Roads/cycling paths here aren’t in a good enough shape to ride around 45km/h for prolonged periods of time unfortunately.

1 Like

It was a 1/2 Everest, still alive but took a couple of days before I could walk up stairs.

3 Likes

Not today, but last Thursday, on my 2nd ever Zwift race. PR best power from 17:30 (312w) through 28:00 (309w). I love TR for structure and plans, but zwift has filled a void left from a lack of racing this year. I just push harder and dig deeper in a race context.

4 Likes

Half everesting, that is crazy.

1 Like