What makes you HAPPY?

In the interest of focusing on positive things in life, here’s a topic looking at the good stuff :smiley:

• Helping a TR forum member find an answer or fix a problem they have struggled to resolve.

• Ripping a technical line on the MTB with speed and grace that makes me feel like I’m “one with the bike”.

• Giggling at the silly stuff my cats do while roaming around the back yard in “their jungle”.

• Getting my wife to snort while laughing at one of my jokes or silly observations.

• The smile I get when rowing gears in my Miata rolling up the on-ramp to and from work with the top down.

• That long weekend ride with a close friend, where you’ve both spent all the topics of discussion and now roll in unmentioned silence, while enjoying the brilliant solitude and sharing road right next to them.

• Weekend evenings at my dad’s after one of his amazing BBQ meals, sitting back and just listening to all the old stories (and a few new ones) with my family.

There are more that I will probably add later, but these hit me upon reflection this morning.

50 Likes

Nailing a workout I thought would be too hard :grinning:

18 Likes

Thinking that the “what makes you HAPPY” thread has no posts only to realize it was only just made was a high point of my morning.

7 Likes

For sure, that can feel as good as (or even better?) than a race win on some days :+1:

1 Like

Pasta, pesto and chicken with some grated parmesan cheese on top and then a strong double espresso to finish.

8 Likes

36 Likes

Riding the day after it rains, when the roots are slippery but the dirt is tacky.

Singing Hey Jude along with 30,000 other people this past weekend.

Hot sauce and tortilla-based foods.

Playing with my kids, but also getting the all-clear after my vasectomy :smiley:

13 Likes

A tailwind. Not just for the speed, but for the silence it brings.

25 Likes

A sunrise whilst out riding (all my rides are early AM)

14 Likes

Riding in the rain when it’s not too cold. Not enough to be really miserable, just enough to make you feel tough. To wash away all the rest of your cares and bring your mind to just this moment.

14 Likes

Being on the motorcycle :motorcycle: on a windy stretch thats quiet and freshly paved…

Goes for a road bike too btw…

6 Likes

Hot sauce is the best

9 Likes

To be completely honest … nothing at the moment.

3 Likes

Hearing the spring peepers in the evening. Those critters have been loud this year.

6 Likes

This! The moment you match speed of the tailwind silencing everything around you. I call that “The magic moment”.

9 Likes

Akin to tailwind silence, that brief moment of quiet when both your mtb tires leave the ground.

5 Likes

… um, I’m sure I didn’t see you there, but I was in Section 3, Row L. He still knows is way around a bass guitar.

(p.s. we’re talking about Paul McCartney, right?) :slight_smile:

3 Likes

In no particular order, based on how I feel today:

• epic adventures with my wife, our old Westfalia and our dog
  • non-training social rides, bonus points if with my wife
  • my wife’s cooking and a good red wine
  • good chocolate, bonus if with good Cognac
  • a casual countryside drive in my aged 911
  • our good health, more and more appreciative of this as we age
7 Likes

Weetabix

5 Likes