What Is THAT, or Buried Treasure in the Workout Catalog

Sometimes I scroll though the workout list for a replacement or modification and end up finding absolute insanity. For example, here’s Johnson:

Just some tired VO2Max, right?

Yeah ok Chad.

Anyway if I’m having this experience on a semi-regular basis, other people probably are too, and that’s just a lot of untapped potential for hilarity, SO: What are your favorites?

9 Likes

Recently looked at the real Dade. My plan had Dade+1, which is 3 sets of 3 x 2.5min at 120% with longish 4min recovery.
The real Dade has 3 sets of 3x 2min, but the middle set is at 135%. And only 2min recovery. Urgh.

5 Likes

This is going to be a quality thread

8 Likes

Woah. Not a lot of compliance w/ that workout! :scream::rofl:

2 Likes

Buttertubs.

The name makes me laugh every time, especially when I see it pop up on Chad’s Strava since he seems to be a fan of that one.

4 Likes

It’s a climb in Yorkshire, UK.

6 Likes

The climb on the Thwaite to Muker road passes several 20-metre-deep limestone potholes (caves) called The Buttertubs. The road is named after them and featured in an edition of the Tour de Yorkshire.

3 Likes

I wonder if there is a workout that just gets you to sit at “sweetspot” for as long as possible - you know the sort of ‘mid’ range of whatever you sweet spot zone numbers are.

In fact - that might be a good challenge - do a warmup and then see how long you can hold the exact mid point of sweet spot for - it ought to be a looooooong time for some of the complete hitters on here.

For me on the other hand … not so much :rofl:

1 Like

Polar Bear +1 or go outside and ride at SweetSpot on a climb for as long as possible. I did the latter a couple of times but I’ve never done more than 90 minutes at 90%. I don’t think I could do it on the trainer though.

8 Likes

Cool :sunglasses:

NB: No climbs near me that last longer than 10 to 15 minutes at the most :roll_eyes:

Even better that it’s a real climb!

Never ceases to elicit a chuckle. Probably because I have the sense of humor of a five year old.

3 Likes

Even better was the 2014 Tour de France when it started in Yorkshire, and the TV feed called it Col du Buttertubs.

7 Likes

I would love to hear stories from anyone who has done this 2.5hr “torture-fest”: Barren+3

Are you still alive?

16 Likes

Anything from the Blue family of workouts BLUE

**Goals

Race simulations are almost always a poor substitute for actual races, so if you have the opportunity to race, then by all means, race. If, however, a real race is not an option, use this 45-minute torture-fest to really beat yourself up.**

Don’t see any of those workouts popping up regularly in the forum Workout thread :joy:

9 Likes

Even better than Barren or Blue workouts is Blood. Might have a go this weekend.

8 Likes

:rofl:

Put that in the Group Workout thread. See if you get any takers :+1:

3 Likes

Well, I did Tallac + 4 yesterday, and that was basically that: 2 hours of sweet spot (88-94%), with only 4 minutes rest in between the intervals (making 6 intervals of 15 minutes).

2 Likes

Is anyone looking for a 3hr over under session?

Eddy McKenny +3

Or a 6hr trainer ride?

Bandeira

4 Likes

Bandeira in itself may be doable, but to do it on a trainer indoor and being fixed on your bike for so long… Your bottom is going to be sore…

4 Likes

On the public feed it gets around 2-3 completions a month. Quite an acheivment!

1 Like