What does everyone watch while training indoors

Do you branch outside of cycling content for podcasts? What are you interests? The world of podcasts is wide and deep and you can get some great recommendations if you have any other interests and hobbies you can share.

I’ve started really enjoying the race videos from Trainerroad and NorCal Cycling when the efforts are hard and I need to see some motivation. If it’s hard workouts I won’t listen to commentary and instead will listen to music. Or I’ll put on a music video playlist on youtube.

I’m watching vegan cyclist videos, I enjoy his race breakdowns and video quality. I also enjoy Phil Gaimon’s worst retirement ever and NorCal Cycling. I love TR but the cognitive load when Chad does deep dives is too much for me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

I was listening to this week’s podcast on Friday while doing 3x18 threshold intervals. As soon as Chad said, “going to do a deep dive”, I switched to a music playlist. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Spotify playlists for the hard efforts, redbull xco, podcasts (TR, the move, Faster by flow) highlights etc for sweet spot, everything else Joe Rogan vegan cyclist, Phil gaiman.

Easier days I listen to the TR podcast, watch the move, NorCal cycling, Phil gaimon, velonews, also hot up the fasturdays podcast on their website (Pete Morris is a frequent guest). If its anything sweet spot and above, I usually have to do music. Once I’m at this level, I find hard to listen to and retain info from podcasts and videos. For music, it’s mostly Spotify playlists, my own YouTube workout playlist that I’m always adding to, and I kinda like velobeats on SoundCloud (it’s got some good long mixes for longer workouts). There is a thread in this forum for training playlists.

I was looking more for TV shows, as i gotta say its been a few years since i’ve logged into Netflix

Travelers on netflix is what I am currently watching and I am enjoying it very much.

Finished: stranger things, alias grace, big mouth, formula 1 drive to survive to name a few on netflix.

Repost to similar thread.

For the last few months I’ve been watching Suits while my trainings. I also love to watch Rokkr TV (installed it on my firestick following this instruction) cause it allows me to stream live TV from online sources. Sometimes i just listen some news, music or podcasts. in general anything but not silence. I find it very difficult to train and just stare at the numbers, wouldn’t make it for 10 minutes probably.

1 Like

Lately I’ve been experimenting on recording my outside rides on camera and using the footage on my indoor rides. There’s also YouTube videos of ride footage out there. For intervals though, I prefer race videos. Music always helps for all occasions.

I watch mostly bike races on Eurosport player or Youtube (last example London 2012 road cycling race, during couple of sessions)

Currently working my way through all the Marvel…

2 Likes