What does a 2020 x10 PR mean?

For my sweet spot session yesterday TR says I’ve did a 2020 x10 PR. Yet back in Feb I did 75w more and on my ramp test last week I did 44w more for 10 mins. It’s no where near a 10 sec record/ hr/ speed or distance record either :exploding_head:

Hi
I get these PR’s too.
I Think it compares things to a power curve. Not always the same workout.
I Have done some PR’s on the road and it does not give me credit for that. I went 15 minutes quicker on my 50 mile route … No Golden trophy. But I know my PR’s so i am still okay with that.
The main thing is you are training you do not need the software to tell you if its your PR.

1 Like

PRs are for power not time, that is why even if you went faster your power stats were lower thant your current power curve in TR.

2020 x10 PR means you got 10 PRs (for different durations) compared to your 2020 season, not that you got a 10-second PR. If you click on it, it’ll show you a graph that compares the power curve for that workout to the power curve for your 2020 season, and you’ll be able to see where the lines cross.

Here’s one of mine:

and the graph it shows me if click on the 2020 BBS #1 link:

Red is the current workout, blue is the season. I got a 12-second PR, 13-second PR, 14-second PR, etc.

4 Likes

That makes sense thanks. It looks like its comparing it against my entire 2020 and giving me a PR for every minute over 50 :+1:

1 Like

Yep exactly!

1 Like

Covered, but here are the official support articles.

https://support.trainerroad.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021153132-What-Are-Personal-Records-

3 Likes

Is there any way to separate Virtual Power and Power Meter ride history?
I used Virtual Power when I started TR and my FTP was about 140 more than it is now, so I won’t be bagging any more PRs for a while against my Virtual Power rides!
I didn’t do much on Virtual Power so would be happy to just delete…

You can use Seasons to separate power data sources, assuming you have defined time splits and not overlapping or alternating sources over time.

1 Like

I had put this in as a feature request a year or two ago, but it would be great if TR would spell out the specific duration for which the PR’s are earned during a workout. This would save the step of having to go through the graphs to figure it out. It should be a relatively simple add to display this.

3 Likes

Thank You, I’ll get it fixed

1 Like

+1 on this @Nate_Pearson.

4 Likes

:grimacing:

You know what would be great though: if we could tell TR which durations we’re interested in tracking (like 5s, 1m, 5m, 20m), and then see only PRs for those listed out, and use the graph for everything else.

1 Like

Yes!!! The PR curve tracking is among my favorite features in TR and first thing I look at after a strong ride! But it is really hard to sort out on a sweaty phone… A summary of the PR durations would be cool. And just looking at 1/5/20 mins isn’t really enough as those tend to be more rare… I’m happy to see a random 34 min all time PR just as much as any other duration so having a big well of potential PRs is nice for those days you hold a tighter string of longer SS intervals for example.

It could get messy when they span a big range on a breakthrough ride, so maybe have to do something to simplify how a range of durations is shown in such a summary - but the idea is great and really shouldn’t be that hard.

its one of many reasons I use WKO5, here is a comparison of last 90 days versus 2019:

Really easy to compare power PRs vs any time period. I just happened to pick 2019 to illustrate the point that using this graphical approach it is really easy to show power PRs.

2 Likes