Weird adaptation

Maybe I should email support but I’ll try here first.

Completed a threshold 3.4. Got credit for it. No failure survey. Got the PL adjustment.

Immediately after all those normal things happened, I got an update saying “adaptations pending”. Clicked view and found that next Saturday it wants me to change the planned 4.1 to the same 3.4 I just finished.

Forgot to mention I marked today’s workout as moderate.

Background: my most recent failure was 10 or 11 days ago. Ate and slept poorly and failed a sweet spot ride. Ignored that recommended downgrade and completed the planned SS workout earlier this week. Got that bump as well.

Edit: just remembered my phone had a “connection bad, switch to cellular?” Message during the final endurance block. I said yes and never saw anything weird within the app. Again, no failure survey and I did get upgraded.

Had a similar thing happen to me. Here’s the thread, with TR support’s response to my inquiry:

2 Likes

I just thought of another possible cause. I slept poorly Friday night and was busy until Saturday evening so I was just wiped out (not bike tired, but exhausted nonetheless) so I didn’t ride Saturday. I did the assigned Saturday ride on Sunday instead and wonder if AT thought I needed bike-rest in order to do my workout. I’ll email support tomorrow just check in but my plan is to decline the adjustments and continue on with my plan.

Did you move the assigned workout on your calendar from Saturday to Sunday first, or did you just load it up?

If you left the workout scheduled for Saturday and just loaded it up and performed it on Sunday AT probably considered it as a skipped workout and gives you a new opportunity to perform the workout next week.

I’ve had a few times, I’ve just accepted its part of the plan for the overall end game. If I’m reading the above TR response to @tim_nh correctly, it seems like AT has a cap on PL’s at certain stages of your plan. The plan built originally before the planned may have exceeded it as you progressed more quickly than it predicted :muscle: However, when it adapts it reinstitutes that cap and your workout PL’s lowered beneath it.

YES PLZ! :wink:

Best protocol for specifics on AT and your Progression Levels is always to check in with the support team.
They have the best visibility to the full scope of your internal ride logs and can provide some insight + make any changes if needed.

From the ‘Welcome to the TrainerRoad Forum’ Page:
Have a question about the app, your training plan, or device? Reach out to support@trainerroad.com instead of posting here. Our support team has the best visibility and insight into your devices, workouts and adaptations, and will help get you the most efficient and effective answer to your question.