Hello, I am considering embarking on the move to waxing vs using dry lube on my chains.
I live in Canada. Just to confirm, would most people choose waxing over dry lube if most all of your riding is indoors on trainer or riding in fair to good weather only (I choose to not ride in the rain for the most part)?
I am taking stock of all the stuff I need and there are a few things I don’t know where to get, and then also I am wondering where the best place to purchase things as well, living in Canada (for shipping and duty considerations).
So, my questions are:
- Where can you buy denatured alcohol in Canada
- Where is the best place to buy the ultrasonic cleaner in Canada? Amazon.ca? 2.5L sounds like the recommended size?
- Where is the best place to buy chains? I have both an 11 speed and an 8 speed, and they both run Shimano systems (hopefully I can get quick links from the same place)
- If I am going to need to buy jars to soak and rinse the chains, any good suggestions as I don’t have any mason or mason-like jars with lids currently (just buy 16oz mason jars from amazon.ca?)
- Wax for everyday use (not the fancy race stuff)?
Thank you for any assistance for a first timer considering moving to waxing.