Wahoo elemnt workout page

Hey all, I’ve just joined tr and in syncing my workouts to my elemnt bolt, when I start the workout, I don’t get a workout page. When I first got the computer it would give me one, but now anymore. I still get cues, but no actual page. There was never one in the pages section in the app and I can’t seem to make a planned workout page in the page builder. I’m looking for the one with power, target power, interval time, the graph, etc. Does anyone know how I might get this back?

On mine it’s in elemnt app - customize pages - “planned workouts”

It’s between kickr control and lap data - so after the customizable pages.

There’s no toggle on/off in the app, it just appears on the head unit when a workout is loaded.

2 Likes

This is true! You can do this from the Element app.
There’s more info along with our recommended fields for outdoor workouts here:

1 Like

Reviving this old topic. Why can’t i get the workout display (bar graph as indoors) to appear on my Bolt v2?

EDIT: It shows on my Bolt v1 but I can’t get it to display on v2 :man_shrugging:t4:

Just read this article to learn how to switch from 3 sec power to 10 sec. But I don’t see it there.
I’ve been trying to figure this out without success. Any help would be much appreciated!

@MI-XC Sorry about the trouble with your new headunit! Can you walk us through the steps that you are taking to load your TrainerRoad Workout onto your headunit? That might give us more information as to why you do not see the graph once the workout is loaded to your headunit. Additionally, this article may help: ELEMNT/BOLT/ROAM Customization Guide

@tombaker, you can switch from 3-second Avg Power to 10-second Avg Power from the ELEMNT app:

• Open the app, and go to Settings in the bottom right corner of the app.

• Go to Recommended Custom Display.

• Then, Library of Planned Workouts.

• Then Planned Workout. You should see the following screen:

• Tap the arrow that corresponds to the Avg Power option.

• You should be given the option to switch to 10-second Avg power.

Let me know if either of you has trouble or questions!

I reset all pages to default on my Bolt and that solved the problem. I can now see the planned workouts properly. Thanks

3 Likes

Wahoo app doesn’t have 10 sec power as an option. It goes from 3, 5, 20, 30, 1 minute….

1 Like

Ok! Got it. Took me awhile to navigate that but hopefully I’ve got it now.
Yes, no 10 second option, just 3,5,20, etc. I’ve switched to 20 as that has to be preferable to 3 or 5. We’ll see.
Thanks y’all for your help

2 Likes

In terms of what’s preferred for effectively reaching the outcome of the interval, 20s is not preferred to 3 or 5!

I can see how we as athletes may prefer a longer time period display for power to avoid seeing ‘jumps’ or spikes in power, but in reality, addressing those fluctuations in power and learning to not ‘chase the target’, overshoot, and over-adjust is a significant skill we should always be working on.

Your power can vary SO much in 20 seconds, and you may not be achieving the goal of the work assigned if you’re riding at a broad spectrum of power zones but meeting an ‘average’ power thats near the target.
Riding smooth is tough, but key, so we recommend 3 or 5 second average at most. :wink:

2 Likes

Argh! I find 3 seconds so challenging. But I’m not going to argue with @IvyAudrain
I’ll switch to 5 seconds and see how it goes. Nursing a broken collarbone at the moment so I’m enjoying the sweet luxury of ERG mode for the time being. If only I could run my whole life in ERG mode…

1 Like

Ah bummer to hear about your collarbone! Take care of yourself and enjoy the challenge of trying to smooth things out once you’re ready to get back to riding outside. Rest up!