UK users looking for a Lasko fan, check this out... Thanks to Hugo1!

Received my Vacmaster yesterday. It’s phenomenal.
Also, the discount code in the first post TRAINERROAD10 still works on Cleva’s site.
At just £63 this is a must buy.

Thank you SO much to Hugo1 and the OP for the code and the recommend!

3 Likes

I was going to buy one but decided to hold off as the season changed, my garage hovers around 4-6 degrees C November through to April and my 3 fans at the moment only push around really cold air which i can live with. I will 100% be buying one in the spring…

I have had to put my Lasko on setting 1 now. It was on 3 all summer.

1 Like

Recently bought a second Vacmaster. For anyone buying a single fan, discount code GS10 will get you £10 off rather than 10% with the TR code so works out a little cheaper.

2 Likes

Anyone used this fan? 8 Best Garage Fans (Fall 2022) – Complete Guide
Found it on Amazon, read the review, sounds nice, but I have my doubts

I just bought this off Amazon. I don’t think it’s as powerful as the Lasko I had in the US, but it’ll do the job.

I did the same over the summer. Although this morning was the first morning I had it on the lower setting, and actually considered turning down the original. Cool morning, not too windy so the shed door was open, but no need for both full blast. Jersey even stayed on!

Black Friday deal today means 15% off on the Vacmaster – dunno how long this thread has been running but that’s how long I waited before pulling the trigger and ordering one this morning.

4 Likes

I wonder if the TrainerRoad discount code will stack with that?

Seems like it does not stack :frowning:

1 Like

These new smart plugs from amazon might be a good combo with these fans for turning them on/off without getting off the bike!

I’ve just bought a 3rd! Left one pointing at face, right one pointing at torso and central one further back pointing at both. Individually smart-switch controlled.

I determine the intensity of the workout and set the 3 controls accordingly. They can then be turned on-off individually throughout the session.

1 Like

…or spend a couple more pounds and get 4 plugs, USB sockets and not locked into Alexa with something like this:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Multiple-Protector-Outlets-Schedule-Compatible/dp/B07V2LCW6K/ref=sr_1_6?crid=142CXEJ59JR5A&dchild=1&keywords=smart+plug+extension+lead&qid=1609789791&sprefix=smart+plug+ex%2Caps%2C191&sr=8-6

TBH we have/I’m happy with these, which are simple and not voice activated, but don’t leave a giant security concern on the wifi network either:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/DEWENWILS-Control-Wireless-Programmable-Sockets/dp/B07NJ2XHZC/ref=sr_1_5?crid=YL8OEJCACO80&dchild=1&keywords=remote+control+plug+socket&qid=1609789930&sprefix=remote+%2Caps%2C210&sr=8-5

2 Likes

Another one ordered here with GS10 code.

Thanks guys.

Pat.

1 Like

I finally treated myself to these remote switches and I love being able to control the fan (on/off) from my bike.

Previously I have warmed up and started the workout and then hopped off to switch the fan off ( one of those pauses that @Nate_Pearson keeps threatening to expose :slight_smile: but I promise it’s just to switch/adjust a fan) but this worked great.

Now I just need to make sure I don’t lose the remote…

I’ve been using mine for a couple of months now. Initially I was impressed with the power but couldn’t get the positioning quite right and got frustrated with it. I had it set up about 2 feet in front and to the side of the front wheel but found it too directional and could understand why people ended up getting 2 or 3. Moving into a different room I was forced into placing it much closer and ended up with it almost directly by my right foot facing upwards towards my torso. That’s been a game changer for me and find it gives much better coverage. Worth a try for anyone struggling with them :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks gang! I invested in one of these and it’s been very handy (now we have weather where my shed isn’t 2celsius)

not tried that exact position but for those with a small training space it is something to consider. I have to have mine tilted again the wall in front of me as the default positions the fan sits in wouldn’t work. No big deal, I do fear the day it topples over mid interval / race though :slight_smile:

I had mine in front of my front wheel for a little while, but it’s too focused for that. Played around with it, and have it in the perfect spot now. It blows slightly downward and is about 180cm from my head. I get a little bit of airflow on my head, and very good airflow on all of my torso and upper legs, as well as my arms. For longer rides (1.5+ hours) I have a pedestal fan at my 7 o’clock to try to evaporate some of the sweat off my back and bibs to keep my bibs from getting soaked as quick.

5 Likes

Hi All,

The team at Cleva have been very busy in 2020 working on a new cooling fan with a remote control. We hope you like it as much as we do!
Please check out the new “Vacmaster Cardio54” on our website.

• UK plug stock has arrived, these are available now.
  • VDE plug stock will be available in April/May 2021 (or sooner if possible)

We have updated the previous discount code “trainerroad10” to now also include the Vacmaster Cardio54.
We have also set an exclusive launch Discount code only for trainerroad.com.
Your enthusiasm for the original air mover has been the catalyst for the product development of the Cardio54.

Your discount code is “KEEPCOOL”
This discount code will be limited to the first 100 people and is limited to 2 units per customer.

We do still have significant delays and issues with individual exports from the UK so we will be sending the VDE plug version to the European Amazon sites directly to help customers buy them more easily and as soon as possible.

Thanks
Cleva Team

27 Likes