UK users looking for a Lasko fan, check this out... Thanks to Hugo1!

I only use one vacmaster and at the highest setting it’s pretty much enough cooling for me.

I live in North East Scotland and train in an uninsulated garage though so ymmv. I might invest in a 2nd later on, why not get 1 and then invest in another if it’s not enough?

1 Like

Seems like a plan! Use one see how it goes.

Might get away with just the one if we are coming into Autumn / Winter too.

Cheers.

vacmaster on the floor, standard fan high on on a table (plugged into vacmaster) and directed at my face.

3 Likes

Very similar to above setup.
I have the vacmaster on the floor in front of my front wheel and it tilts up nicely aimed onto mid-section and legs. My previous fan is a pedestal fan which is off to one side aimed at face and shoulders.

The ‘nozzle’ of the vacmaster makes it much more directed and I think tat’s where the powerful cooling effect is coming from. My pedestal fan has a much bigger wingspan so the effect is more spread out.

Personally I would buy one and then see how you go.

2 Likes

I have an 18" fan front and centre angled up slightly. I have the Vacmaster on a chair about 45° to my right, which blows up and across my chest. Today I could easily have had more cooling, but it definitely makes a big difference. If I hadn’t already got decent large fan I would definitely buy a 2nd Vacmaster.

1 Like

I would go back to a dumb, wheel on trainer before I gave up my vacmaster.

3 Likes

Now there is an endorsement!

1 Like

See my photos up-thread here:

Similar to others’ replies, the pedestal fan blasts at my face while the Vacmasters do legs and torso, all operated via remotes. This setup works really well.

My turbo room is south facing so in warmer/sunnier weather I struggle to keep the room as cool as I’d like it. Consequently, I regularly (eg. today) use all three fans on their highest settings during workouts, and have considered placing a third Vacmaster on a small shelf above the other two in order to throw even more air at chest/head. This might well seem overkill to some people, but if you do the calcs on how much airflow your body is exposed to when riding outside at speed you realise that you (almost) can’t ever have enough fans if turboing in a warm environment.

2 Likes

Sweet set up! Gonna purchase one and see how I get on!
Thanks for the help all :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Couldn’t resist anymore, now that we’re moving from the apartment into a house we bought. Ordered one to Germany for the new Pain Cave

Ordered Monday afternoon, delivered today, not bad for shipping from the UK to Germany. Plugged it in, and it literally blew my t-shirt up and over my face, this thing is ridiculous (in a good way), even on the lowest setting.

I did send Cleva an email right away with an idea to improve it for indoor cycling:

“Since the unit is so popular for indoor cycling, I was wondering whether it would be worthwhile to produce a different, optional vent piece (the black part) that would have angled slats to disperse the air over a larger area, rather than the straight slats the keep the air focused in a fairly narrow stream. It’s something I’d certainly buy in addition to the fan if it were offered. Just a thought!”

Heck, a friend of mine has access to a nice 3D printer at his workplace… I wonder how hard it would be to design something that would clip on the output, that could disperse the air over a wider area…

5 Likes

I just got mine, am I the only one that’s simply going to place it vertically, with enough clearance for the intakes?

Got mine earlier in the week and it makes such a difference with my 12" fan!
Easily another 20 watts :rofl: :rofl:
Thanks all for the help!!

1 Like

Picked up a triple pack this week and… what a difference, I actually only have 2 running and saving the third to position high up behind me on extra tough days. Well worth the money (used a Facebook) discount code, and the delivery being next day was unexpected and greatly appreciated.

I am new to trainerroad (in my third week) and I done what should have been my “hardest” workout yet today, and these fans made it almost enjoyable compared to other easier sessions.

Highly recommended.

1 Like

I have 2 daisy-chained either side at the front - one at the torso and the other at the shoulders/face. They are plugged into a smart socket and have them switched on to level 2 in advance, so can voice-activate them when things heat up - usually 10 minutes in. Avoids that chilly first few minutes! Could have them individually plugged (or even 3 with a central one) for even more control.

2 Likes

I bought the 3-pack of Vacmasters and it’s been a game changer for me in terms of how much power I can put out indoors. My indoor power has previously been 20-30% lower than what I could produce outdoors ever since starting TR, using a single 16" fan. today was my second ride with the 3 vacmasters and I got a PB for 20-min power during a sweet spot workout, better than what I’ve done outdoors. The middle fan is aimed at my head.

6 Likes

I have two of these, most of the time I have them on the lowest setting as the higher ones blow the towel off the bars. Definitely recommend it.

2 Likes

Hold on to that bars… Haha

1 Like

Anyone used this fan from Amazon?

I can get 3 of these for £10 more than the Cleva (even with TR discount)

I’ve used Honeywell fan which looks similar to that and I’d say 1 Cleva = 3 Honeywells.

2 Likes