I started cycling more seriously last year. I have ridden about 5000 km this year all together. I’m preparing for the next season.
My goals for next season:
- ride centuries in beginning March (no competition, but willing to get a good finish time)
- go ride in the Pyrenees in June
I don’t need to win or be in the top X, I mainly want to increase my average speed during these events to grow above 32km/h (currently 28km/h).
I selected the following trainingplans for the next 9 months:
- Base: Sweet Spot training: mid volume 1 and mid volume 2 (2 times 6 weeks)
- Build: General Build: mid volume (8 weeks)
- Specialty: Climbing road race: mid volume (8 weeks)
Questions I have:
Overall the TSS for these training plans remains around 350-400 TSS/week in peak times. That seems rather low if the goal is to be able to get decent times in centuries. Choosing the high volume increases the TSS a bit, but remains around 450 TSS/week. I read in various books that a focus on 600-800TSS per week is required to achieve decent fitness. Yet, I don’t see which training plans achieve this on Trainerroad.
I noticed that the TSS is very low again at the beginning of the Build phase and am afraid to lose fitness at that point in time