TrainerRoad with Fulgaz

I’m trying to get Fulgaz running simultaneously with my TrainerRoad workouts. I’ve been doing it with Zwift without issue but running into my kickr dropping resistance when starting a ride.

I’m trying to run both through my Windows laptop.
TrainerRoad is controlling my trainer via an ANT connection
Fulgaz is connected to Bluetooth power, with no trainer controller checked. I’ve tried both reactive and steady mode within fulgaz

Once I start the workout, my resistance in erg mode just starts dropping off.

Any ideas on how to remedy this?

1 Like

No obvious answer but it should definitely work.

Did you try and run it with Fullgaz on ANT and TR on BT?

I found this combination to work when both apps were running on an iPad (I use a CABLE to generate a second BT stream).
I found it didn’t work well when running both apps on an Apple TV+ - I found the resistance kept dropping every 45 seconds or so. I haven’t tried to sort this out yet.

Robert

Can you run TR on your phone?

Thanks for the responses. I wonder if running both from the same device is causing the issue. Going to try to run one from the iPad today

Hello…
Did you resolve this. I want to try FulGaz for a little variety. I have a similar set up with a Kickr but I use an Apple TV and my phone for TR both over Bluetooth. It seems like it should work with the trainer connection turned off but I don’t want to spend forever if its hopeless……

I use TR on IPad and FulGaz on ATV.
Set up IPad to trainer - Wattbike. Trainer control enabled.
NPE cable device to convert ant+ into BTE for the ATV. No trainer control. FulGaz in reactive mode so the workout watts drive the effort on the FulGaz video

Works great.

Do lots of FulGaz rides whilst doing. TR sessions.

3 Likes