Trainerroad visit to Australia

That’s a good list.

I am surprised that StGeorge’s circuit races at Oatley Park aren’t on that list. In fact, the whole club appears to be missing.

Most clubs have used the site - some more regularly than others. I’m not sure St George have ever listed but tell them to get in touch if you’re a member.

Steve

Not this trip, but it’s on my list of places to visit.

I haven’t looked at Australian VS US watt/kg, but that would be interesting!

2 Likes

Thanks everyone! I’m at least in for a couple Heffron races.

I suspected people would like to watch me get worked over by some Australians :slight_smile:.

Sunday’s no drop long ride is open to everyone. Jack is going to post the route and rough time in this thread.

I will most likely be vigorously team building with some buddies the night before so a late-ish start is much appreciated :-).

6 Likes

Yes the start will be later than usual to allow for Nate’s liquid carbo loading the previous evening.
This is the link to the ride in Strava, there are still some details to firm up, which I will with Nate closer to the date.
Please note the start and finish place is different to the map, as I have yet to work out how to change a route once uploaded in Strava. For those of you that know this part of the world we will be starting and finishing at the shops on Booralie Rd at Terrey HIls, just after the turn off from Mona Vale rd. It will then be a loop of Akuna Bay with the West head extension followed by a cruise to Mona Vale Beach for coffee, time permitting.
We will get to test out Nate’s climbing skills on both Akuna Bay as well as McCarrs Creek road. :grinning: :grinning:

9 Likes

Yes. Luckily he is not arriving until March.

I thought it was…arrive 8th and leave about 11th or so?

5th through 15th

1 Like

Thanks for setting this up!!! (Except for the climb :joy:)

1 Like

Can the big group ride be on the 8th rather than the 15th? I dare say there will be a few of us racing in the Bathurst Classic on the 15th.
Or come and race in the Bathurst Classic @Nate_Pearson!

1 Like

I was about to mention https://cabici.net/races/
I had no idea you were on here Steve.

1 Like

Yes, it’s scheduled for the 8th. That big ride looks insane!!! I might be able to make the other thing, I’ll look into it.

1 Like

I think you should definitely try and get one of these races in. Racing on a full GP track is an experience and, I feel, so much safer than most courses @Nate_Pearson

2 Likes

Well as you are the CEO, feel free to change it to suit you (I am not a climber either :wink: ).

Nah, it will be fun to get some efforts in. As long as we regroup I think some but climbs will be fun!

1 Like

As in “butt climbs”? :slight_smile: Is this where you cycle backwards up the hill?

Well I better make sure I bring someone who is worse at climbing than me :smiley:

@Nate_Pearson you would be okay in B Grade at Heffron, A Grade, a lot of them ONLY race Heffron, and know every crack and corner, its a fast sketchy tight crit circuit and when A catches B, it can be hectic. Race B and you will enjoy it.

I am going to see about flying up from Tasmania for the weekend and group ride.

The climbs aren’t that bad. Both are only about 4km long with a av gradient of 6% and maxing out around 10 or 11. What will be real interesting is how hot its going to be; I often hear you and Chad talk about Sauna training and Akuna Bay in Summer is like a Sauna so we will max out your plasma volumes!!!

1 Like

The long ride looks good and I’ll definitely be there. I’ll organise a group to go from south of the bridge as the date gets closer.

If I had to rank the races you should have a go at while you’re here, I’d pick the following:

1. Tuesday Night Heffron handicap (B-grade)
  2. Waratah Masters at Eastern Creek (A-grade) - about 30 mins from Sydney, VERY early start, 30+ age group
  3. Lansdowne (A-grade, 30 mins from Sydney on bike) or Sutherland (same as Lansdowne but south, not west)

Considering you’ve got a long ride planned up north you can also trial what will be part of (no doubt) the 2022 world champs course through the National Park to the south. It’s my favourite ride in Sydney and some good short climbs. If you have half a day that’s plenty of time.

Look forward to you coming over and have blanked out a few days in the diary.

(I also want to know if Australians are faster than those in the USA as well)

1 Like

The Bathurst classic is also a UCI world champs qualifier (in Vancouver I believe next year). Just saying :wink:. Might need to postpone that flight. Also crits on the 14th if the road race is a bit tight on the schedule.